Russian fonts
Thread poster: lacplesis
lacplesis
lacplesis
Local time: 03:45
English to German
+ ...
Aug 14, 2002

Can anybody help me? I need to know how to get and install the right proz Russian fonts for Macintosh in order to understand the kudoz questions and job offerings in Russian. At this very time all I see is a chaotic sign-mixture. Thanks for any hint!

Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 21:45
English
+ ...
Depending on which system you have... Aug 14, 2002

Most likely you should install your international settings from the OS disk, and then turn Russian on by going to the international menu in system preferences. After that, whenether you open up a Russian page you go to view -> character set -> cyrrilic (mac)

I am using a MacOSX and MacOS9.2

If I can be of any more help, please email me.

Maria

Nikolai Muraviev
Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi, visit http://mymac.ru/rus/ Aug 16, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-14 10:55, lacplesis wrote:

Can anybody help me? I need to know how to get and install the right proz Russian fonts for Macintosh in order to understand the kudoz questions and job offerings in Russian. At this very time all I see is a chaotic sign-mixture. Thanks for any hint!

Hi, you may find many useful things on the followi... See more
Quote:

Hi, you may find many useful things on the following site: http://mymac.ru/rus/

Collapse

GaryG
GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
English
+ ...
How to set up a Classic OS Mac to work with ProZ Aug 16, 2002

What works for me is to select Cyrillic Windows/1251 as the

chosen character set in my browser (Netscape seems to be more Cyrillic-friendly than IE) and then choose a specific Cyrillic font (Prymoj Prop is fine). Cyrillic fonts will also display English.

Note that some people post questions in KOI-8, so if you still get gibberish try switching to that character set for that question

lacplesis
lacplesis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Aug 21, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-14 14:57, Mashulya wrote:

Most likely you should install your international settings from the OS disk, and then turn Russian on by going to the international menu in system preferences. After that, whenether you open up a Russian page you go to view -> character set -> cyrrilic (mac)

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-14 14:57, Mashulya wrote:

Maria

Collapse

lacplesis
lacplesis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Quote:

On 2002-08-16 07:16, Nick_Mur wrote:

Quote:

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-16 07:16, Nick_Mur wrote:

Quote:

Hi, you may find many useful things on the following site: http://mymac.ru/rus/

Collapse

lacplesis
lacplesis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Quote:

On 2002-08-16 15:17, GaryG wrote:

chosen character set in my browser (Netscape seems to be more Cyrillic-friendly than IE) and then choose a specific Cyrillic font (Prymoj Prop is fine). Cyrillic fonts will also display English.

Note that some people post questions in KOI-8, so if you still get gibberish try switching to that charact... See more
Quote:

On 2002-08-16 15:17, GaryG wrote:

Note that some people post questions in KOI-8, so if you still get gibberish try switching to that character set for that question

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian fonts

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »