Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:15
Member (2004)
English to French
May 17, 2006

Hi,
Some very distant Russian relative asked me to be godmother to his child, but I have to decline. I would need help to write a short tactful reply.

Would anyone accept to help me?

Thanks
Nina

P.S: you can write me directly at [email protected]

[Edited at 2006-05-17 17:13]

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:15
English to Russian
+ ...
IMHO May 17, 2006

Hi Nina,

The last time you needed help with this sort of thing (a thank you card translated into Russian), you posted a request in the forum and I helped you out with it. Turned out it was 60 odd words to translate, in a sensitive context, too.

Can you please tell me why you just don't post these things as jobs? I mean, that's what they are, aren't they? I think that would be the ethical thing to do.

To add to that, your post can be classified as a violatio
... See more
Hi Nina,

The last time you needed help with this sort of thing (a thank you card translated into Russian), you posted a request in the forum and I helped you out with it. Turned out it was 60 odd words to translate, in a sensitive context, too.

Can you please tell me why you just don't post these things as jobs? I mean, that's what they are, aren't they? I think that would be the ethical thing to do.

To add to that, your post can be classified as a violation of the rules for Non-English forums.
Collapse

Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:15
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 17, 2006

I'll post it as a job.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 13:15
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
and it can be pro bono job May 17, 2006

Indeed, why not pro bono.. If rich non-profits can post pro bono assignment s from time to time, why not..
And every rule will be met.

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

I'll post it as a job.

Areknaz
Areknaz  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:15
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
The both thhings are available May 17, 2006

I think that the both things can be better and more aethic than ask for such a favour for the second time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help to write a short personal message in Russian

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »