Mobile menu

Off topic: Сколько нас в Париже? :)
Thread poster: Vents Villers

Vents Villers  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
English to Latvian
+ ...
May 21, 2006

Delo takoe, cto moi drug 19. ijulja priglasjon na simposium v Bressuire, France. Po skolko on nekogda ne bival v Francii (francuzskij jaz. ne umeet, angliiskij zneat slabo), on bespokoitsa, kak emu ot Parizza popastj v etot Bressuire... Po etomu povodu ja i vspomnil forum - mozet vi mozete posovetovatj, kovo nebudj, kto mog evo vstretitj v Parizze i provozatj s odnovo vokzala na drugoj.
S uvazeniem,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-05-21 12:29]

Direct link Reply with quote
United States
Local time: 22:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Ему нужно несколько провожатых:-) May 21, 2006

Hi, Vents,

Sure it would be great is someone helps him out but it's not all that scary:-) In unlikely case he won't find anyone:

I have no idea what Paris Mont 1 Et 2 (see the link) means (most likely Gare Montparnasse???) but it looks like it takes 3 "electrichka" to get to Bressuire - first to Paris Mont 1 Et 2 from CDG, and then change trains in either Pottiers or Nantes.

Can he read the displays for schedules and platforms and distinguish "arriver et departure"? That's all he needs. Everything can be found out in advance, including the departure platforms in Paris. In smaller towns you have to be really dumb:-):-) not the find the right one - can't be said about someone going to simposium, right?:-) No need to leave the terminal in CDG, just follow the train signs - in de Golle it's very close to the trains, right inside the terminal area. Everything is very clear. Tell him to look above when standing on the platform - running displays tell you exactly which train is approaching. In fact, it's very simple, more simple for Russians or "former soviets" than for, say, Americans a vast majority of whom never used passenger trains:-) Just another trip to dacha by metro and train:-) And they recorder never forgets to announce the stops:-) plus running displays above exits on each side of the car ensure you know the next stop.

I'd say maybe you should post your question for French audience too just to figure out the best route first? Or he already knows?

When my mom was visiting me for the first time in the States, she had a stopover in Paris. She was 67 and never spoke a single foreign language. She made it to Eiffel tower and back to the hotel, and in time for the plane next day:-)

Good luck!

[Edited at 2006-05-21 20:21]

mk_lab  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Песней навеяло... May 21, 2006

"Эх Ваня, Ваня...
Мы с тобой в Париже
Нужны как в русской бане

Только, чур не обижаться...

Vents Villers  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
Kak zalko, cto simposium ne v United States May 22, 2006

Bolshoe spasibo, Irene:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Сколько нас в Париже? :)

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs