Mobile menu

Glossary for Public Service Interpreters
Thread poster: Helena El Masri

Helena El Masri  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 13, 2002

I am self-publishing a Glossary for Public Service Interpreters (in several languages) and I\'m looking for places were to advertise them for free. Does anyone know where I can advertise to reach Russian, Polish and Albanian interpreters? The Portuguese version has been well advertised and soon I will have the glossary in Kurdish as well. It\'s very hard to find free publicity so any ideas are welcome. You can see my webpage for more details or email me direct. Thank you everyone!

Helena El Masri

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Vaguine  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
In this life, there are no free lunches... Sep 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-09-13 11:25, elmasri wrote:

I\'m looking for places were to advertise them for free. Does anyone know where I can advertise to reach Russian, Polish and Albanian interpreters?

I know such a place. It\'s ProZ.com forums. Isn\'t your posting a free ad reaching about 2000 Russian interpreters and translators?

Quote:

It\'s very hard to find free publicity

Well, it\'s very hard to find dictionaries for free, too. C\'est la vie, quoi! In this life, there are no free lunches...

xxxVera Fluhr  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:41
English to Russian
+ ...
Multitran site Sep 15, 2002

Dear Helena,

I think you know the site www.multitran.ru

It is a very good multi-dpmain English-Russian-Eglish online dictionary.

On this site, there is a Directory of online dictionaries:

http://www.multitran.ru/cgi-bin/Mtsrv.exe?HelpLanguage=Russian&MtsrvAction=ShowDictionaries

If your dictionary includes Russian language and you it to be used by Russian translators/interpreters, I think the best way would be to write to Miltitran manager.

His name is Andrew Pominov. I am sure he will be glad to include your dictionary into this Directory.

Best regards

Vera

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary for Public Service Interpreters

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs