Thread poster: Pablo Cañamares

Pablo Cañamares  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:31
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2007

Doroguie Kolegi!

I would like to ask you to share your knowledge with me.

I am looking for (good, if possible) interpreting school in Russia.

I would prefer that they focus on consecutive and that they had summer courses

Now, if anyone has read my post about entering ESIT, rest assured: I have not been kicked out

But my level of Russian could use a good polish, so I am already looking for alternatives.

Thank you very much in advance!

(Answer in any language, I just lack a cirilic keyboard)

One little edit: I have already seen Parrot's list, I am just looking for more.

I also accept any ideas that you might have (personal training with a group of interpreters, whatever)

[Editado a las 2007-05-02 19:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Interpreting Schools in Russia May 3, 2007

If you're going to do it right, and have the time, I would look into the programs at Moscow State Linguistic University, or Nizhnyj Novgorod State Linguist University. You can find both their URLs on the web.

If you're interested in a tailor-made course, then you'll need to go with a commercial enterprise. Below is a reputable one. The owner has been working as a freelancer for many years, and hires quality instructors.

Good luck!

http://www.sinkhron.ru/

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:31
Flemish to English
+ ...
Keremevo May 3, 2007

El departamento de interpretación de la "Lessiushogeschool" de Amberes (cotización :85% sobre la lista de institutos de interpretación del AIIC) ayudó en 2002 a installar una escuela de interpretación del mismo (alto) nivel que en Amberes) en Keremevo (fue un programa Erasmo).
Para más amplio informaciones, ir a la página web del AIIC y buscar "Dirk Reunbroeck", jefe del departamento de interpretación. Este podría informarte.

Un saludo,
Don Quichote de la lucha contra "únicamente traducir y interpreter a la lengua materna" y "el mejor amigo" de la señora D.

William V.

P.S. No tengo teclado español. Disculpe los accentos.

[Edited at 2007-05-03 08:19]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:31
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
KemEROvo May 3, 2007

Williamson wrote:
El departamento de interpretación de la "Lessiushogeschool" ... ayudó en 2002 a installar una escuela de interpretación ... en Keremevo

I believe, it's Kemerovo. The Lessius Hogeschool participates actively in an international network of academic institutions, among them are Irkutsk State Linguistic University, Kemerovo State University, Moscow State Linguistic University, Saint Petersburg State University.

Natalia

transnordisk
Swedish to French
+ ...
"На вкус и цвет..." Jun 18, 2007

"Below is a reputable one.

http://www.sinkhron.ru/" - Позвольте усомниться!

"Мы являемся и бюро переводов, т.е. переводческим *агенством*, что позволяет нам создавать группу не просто *еиномышленников*..."

"*добавать* лишь одно: я очень *болею* за наших слушателей ... ."

"...которые мешают *ему* добиваться ощутимых результатов в *его* профессиональной деятельности..."

"После прохождения *нашего* тренинга *Ваша речь* станет красивой..." - ... то есть? Наша речь проходит Ваш тренинг и становится per se красивой?

(из раздела "Культура речи")

"Не верь глазам своим!" - сказано давно, но верно.

С уважением,

JCP

Pablo Cañamares  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:31
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have other references Jun 18, 2007

Dear JCP

I appreciate your advice, and yes, we all know how colorfully they write in Russian websites...

And yet, about that particular academy a UNESCO interpreter, AIIC member and ESIT alumni has told me that they are good enough, so...

Thanks for your comment

[Editado a las 2007-06-18 19:15]

transnordisk
Swedish to French
+ ...
Enjoy it! Jun 22, 2007

Pablo Cañamares wrote:

And yet, about that particular academy a UNESCO interpreter, AIIC member and ESIT alumni has told me that they are good enough, so...

[/quote]

Just enjoy it!

And maybe you´d like to inform us about any relevant results?

"Good enough" means sometimes "too much of nothing", yet.

Anyway, good luck and hasta mas tardes!

Gracias!

JCP

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting schools in Russia

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs