Thread poster: Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:05
Member (2002)
Russian to English
Jan 3, 2003

поздравляю всех с наступивщим и с наступающим!

Я хочу научиться армянскому (в интересах самозащиты-не для работы). Буду признательна, если кто-нибудь подскажет, где взять хороший учебник.

У меня есть книжка Beginner\'s Armenian by Hagop Andonian, but it is Western Armenian. I want to lea
... See more
поздравляю всех с наступивщим и с наступающим!

Я хочу научиться армянскому (в интересах самозащиты-не для работы). Буду признательна, если кто-нибудь подскажет, где взять хороший учебник.

У меня есть книжка Beginner\'s Armenian by Hagop Andonian, but it is Western Armenian. I want to learn the Yerevan kind my husband speaks.

Now I understand people who worry about \"wasting time\" learning one kind of English (American or British)

привет из Лос Анжелес!
Collapse

Elaine Freeland (X)
Elaine Freeland (X)
Local time: 23:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Link Jan 4, 2003

Dear Elizabeth,

I\'m sure you saw this page, but still...

http://www.mavica.ru/directory/rus/1276.html

I think you need a \"proper\" textbook, and a good one.

Maybe you might ask this at the Armenian forum -- we must have one!

(I once attempted to study Georgian from a Stalin-era book, but I quit after a
... See more
Dear Elizabeth,

I\'m sure you saw this page, but still...

http://www.mavica.ru/directory/rus/1276.html

I think you need a \"proper\" textbook, and a good one.

Maybe you might ask this at the Armenian forum -- we must have one!

(I once attempted to study Georgian from a Stalin-era book, but I quit after a couple of lessons. TWELVE CASES??? -- You must be joking!

Elaine
Collapse

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Dear Elizabeth! Jan 5, 2003

Do you want to learn Armenian from textbook or from the internet?

Having the native-speaker husband, you can try to \"penetrate\" the www.webnet.am and find a lot of interesting materials there.

Here are some of Armenian interesting sites, where the textbook ads appear quite often:

... See more
Do you want to learn Armenian from textbook or from the internet?

Having the native-speaker husband, you can try to \"penetrate\" the www.webnet.am and find a lot of interesting materials there.

Here are some of Armenian interesting sites, where the textbook ads appear quite often:

www.armeniadiaspora.com

www.armenian.house.org

www.webnet.am

Мужу-армянину - джерм баревнер!...
Collapse

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:05
Member (2002)
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Shnurakalutsun (merci)! Jan 6, 2003

Обязательно посмотрю линки. Если буквы выучу, будет легче заниматься самостоятельно.

Это вроде хобби - занятие на всю жизнь!

Еще раз shnurakalutsun!

E

Araksia Sarkisian
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Jan 7, 2003

These are also very useful sites for you:

http://users.freenet.am/~hijet/first/science.htm

National electronic library: http://www.arminco.com/hayknet/0ellib-e.htm

Good luck!

Araksia Sarkisian
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
...продолжение слk Jan 7, 2003

На Рождественские праздники мне прислали следующее:

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

from Hyke Computing

Special Christmas Offer!

Recieve Word-Match free w
... See more
На Рождественские праздники мне прислали следующее:

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

from Hyke Computing

Special Christmas Offer!

Recieve Word-Match free with any order

Offer ends January 7th 2003.

Dear Araksia,

We would like to inform you of the following software developed by Hyke Computing:

Activity Centre

The Activity Centre has eight interactive activities in Armenian: Matching pictures with words, matching small and capital letters, filling in the missing letters of a word, spelling a word that corresponds to a picture, remembering and finding words corresponding to pictures, arranging words in the correct order to create a sentence, doing arithmetic and telling the time. Pronounciation audio for all activities. An option is available for choosing either the Eastern or Western Armenian dialect, and the translations of all Armenian words and sentences can be displayed in English or French. A talking wizard explains and encourages. The scores gained in each activity and the total percentage can be viewed at any stage. The software is designed for the usage of 5-13 year olds, youths, it can also be useful for all ages.

Price: £29.95

Word-Match

An Armenian/English and Armenian/French word game for two contestants, with three levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Price: £18.95

Hyke Dictionary

A multimedia Armenian/English dictionary, containing over 11,000 words. It includes many features such as both Eastern and Western transliteration options, a sentence reference and Armenian alphabet pronounciation audio.

Price: £20.95

PenDraw

PenDraw is a professional, flexible and easy to use drawing software which provides a wide range of sketching tools such as freehand, lines, curves, arcs, geometrical shapes and many other facilities. It has full colour capabilities for creating artistic and scientific drawings. Its applications comprise 2D and 3D geometric shapes, scientific diagrams, landscapes, portraits, greeting cards, flowcharts, architectural designs, web graphics, cartoon pictures and clothes design. Includes Help documents and many sample drawings.

A Leaf From The Tree Vol. I

An illustrated overview of ancient Armenian history to the 5th century, with narration and subtitles in Armenian.

The Parrot With The Words

An Armenian language software, with pictures and pronunciations. The task involves choosing a letter, word or sentence and matching it with the correct picture. Also, a word can be clicked to hear its pronounciation.

An option is available for choosing either the Eastern or Western Armenian dialect. A lively parrot gives guidance and amusement.

The titles in Armenian come with two Armenian fonts. They can be used in any modern word processor, email, or other application. A special keyboard is not required.

All the software titles work on Windows 98, Me, 2000 and XP.

For further details, or if you wish to place an order, please visit www.hykecomputing.com.

Enquiries at [email protected].

With thanks,

Greetings and Best Wishes from Hyke Computing

-----------

Hyke Computing is an internet based firm in London, UK.

Надеюсь, кники можно достать в Лондоне.

Жлако, что не удалось показать эти яркие и красочные обложки, весьмя привлекательны для начинающих. Good luck!

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

учебники армянского языка?

Translation news in Russian Federation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »