https://www.proz.com/forum/russian/87314-looking_for_a_list_of_r_and_s_phrases_in_russian_and_ukrainian.html

Looking for a list of R- and S-phrases in Russian and Ukrainian
Thread poster: Maciej Andrzejczak
Maciej Andrzejczak
Maciej Andrzejczak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:27
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

Can anybody help we with the above?
I am looking for relevant links in internet.
Thanks in advance
Maciej

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
What are "R- and S phrazes"? Oct 22, 2007

Could you spell, please?

Maciej Andrzejczak
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
S and R-phrases Oct 22, 2007

see here for example

http://www.bvda.com/EN/prdctinf/en_r_s.html#S

Sergei Vasin
Sergei Vasin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:27
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Phrases in Russian Oct 23, 2007

Please have a look at the following document:

http://www.safework.ru/ilo\Publications/chem1.pdf

page 53 - R-phrases

page 57 - S-phrases

cherepanov
cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:27
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Be cautious Oct 23, 2007

Maciey, I have been translating dozens of MSDS files with R- and S-phrases into Russian and Ukrainian. The proposed translations, I mean the .pdf file sugested by Sergey, are just 'gist' translations. They are sometimes ridiculous, e.g., "dlya izbezhaniya". There is no such wording in Russian. Unfortunately, as far as I as a still half-time practising chemist see it, there are no catalogues of Sigma, Aldrich, Fluka, etc. chemicals and biochemicals in Russian and Ukrainian so far. We still use En... See more
Maciey, I have been translating dozens of MSDS files with R- and S-phrases into Russian and Ukrainian. The proposed translations, I mean the .pdf file sugested by Sergey, are just 'gist' translations. They are sometimes ridiculous, e.g., "dlya izbezhaniya". There is no such wording in Russian. Unfortunately, as far as I as a still half-time practising chemist see it, there are no catalogues of Sigma, Aldrich, Fluka, etc. chemicals and biochemicals in Russian and Ukrainian so far. We still use English versions of these catalogues when we need a rare chemical not produced on a post-Soviet terrain. This is the main reason for such ugly translations of R- and S-phrases into East European languages.Collapse

Maciej Andrzejczak
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your input! Oct 23, 2007

Thanks for your input!
Maciej

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a list of R- and S-phrases in Russian and Ukrainian

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »