Mobile menu

Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.
Thread poster: Shog Imas

Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:47
English to French
+ ...
Feb 24, 2003

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.

Direct link Reply with quote

olgutsa
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Encoding Feb 24, 2003

Did you try to change the encoding? Go to \"View\", choose \"Encoding\" and select KOI or Windows Russian fonts (I hope this helps ))

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:47
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Reading Russian in KudoZ (and other) pages Feb 24, 2003

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).

Elaine Freeland
Local time: 07:47
English to Russian
+ ...
That's typical! Feb 24, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 14:31, shoimas wrote:

At first Arabic fonts couldn\'t be recognised. Now they are fine. But presently Russian fonts changed into Arabic ones. I can\'t read anything in Russian on the kudoz screen.

Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots...

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:47
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
The problem is... Feb 24, 2003

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.

For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your advice was helpful, Thanks a lot, I can read the Russian now, but the Arabic fonts are changed. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 17:08, jdoughty wrote:

Forgive me if you know this already, but you have to have the right encoding. Go to View > Encoding > More > Cyrillic (Windows) (or on rare occasions, KOI8-R).

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right: after having the Russian, now the Arabic fonts changed to Russian fonts. Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:05, fresie wrote:

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 14:31, shoimas wrote:

Obviously, of all their target markets, Microsoft constantly forgets to think about polyglots...

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot. Now i know how to do Feb 25, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-24 19:19, Natalie wrote:

...that while browsing ProZ.com pages you need to change the encoding manually every time when you wish to read/write something in a different language; automatic detection of encoding does not work here.

For Russian pages, please use the Windows Cyrillic encoding in Internet Explorer or Win-1251 in Netscape, Opera and other browsers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Russian letters are transfigured on my kudoz screen.They resemble Arabic fonts.

Advanced search

Translation news in Russian Federation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs