Thread poster: Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Local time: 12:27
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Apr 23, 2008

Hello,

I would like to put an alert , there is a person sending job offers for 700 pages to italian-english translators, if you receive them ignore them, his false name he is using an outsoucer's name and used an Yahoo or msn mail, i was lucky enough to contact the original Outsourcer,who was kind enough to reply back and asking me to advise all other translators to be careful.

Here is his email below :
first email:

This is a internet scam. This ind
... See more
Hello,

I would like to put an alert , there is a person sending job offers for 700 pages to italian-english translators, if you receive them ignore them, his false name he is using an outsoucer's name and used an Yahoo or msn mail, i was lucky enough to contact the original Outsourcer,who was kind enough to reply back and asking me to advise all other translators to be careful.

Here is his email below :
first email:

This is a internet scam. This individual is a fraud using my name and company name. We are in the process of tracking him down and pursuing legal action against him. Do not do any work for him, you will not be paid. This is an internet scam.
This individual has really been active the last 2 weeks. He seems to really be working your area. Please warn your counterparts. You are very right, I wish everyone would notice the yahoo mail address. It is not professional and should be an alert just as soon as they go to our web site.

XXXXX
Executive Administration
XXXInternational Ltd.

Hope you all keep your eyes open, unfortuatly 2 Prozian had started to work for him.

Let me know if other people have got emails from him he writes from [email protected]

Please be careful!!

Gina

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 14:19]

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 16:01]
Collapse

Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Andreea Apr 23, 2008

Hope this outsoucer resolves this big problem, its not correct to use his name

Here is his latest post:
We are also placing a warning on our web site and have an internet fraud web site that we are placing a warning on.

Outsoucer XXX

Hope they can stop this fake guy now!!

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 14:26]

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 16:02]

this fake agency is now saying he is from austrialia and is using an a
... See more
Hope this outsoucer resolves this big problem, its not correct to use his name

Here is his latest post:
We are also placing a warning on our web site and have an internet fraud web site that we are placing a warning on.

Outsoucer XXX

Hope they can stop this fake guy now!!

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 14:26]

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 16:02]

this fake agency is now saying he is from austrialia and is using an arab name now, giving a link where translators can download the work from.

[Modificato alle 2008-04-23 16:29]
Collapse

matteo brambilla
matteo brambilla  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 23, 2008

Thank you very much for warning.
They sent an email this morning asking if I was willing to do the translation.

Matteo

Freelance team
Freelance team
Romania
Local time: 13:27
French to English
+ ...
Apr 23, 2008

[Edited at 2008-04-23 21:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fake agency-using USA company's name.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »