attn people and friends
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:54
English to German
+ ...
May 26, 2008

There is a new nigerian scam going on and I have lost the access to my hotmail account and I was called by a few colleagues from my database, that something is not going right. I have changed my msn accounts and request you to do the same and not accept any messages from public mail accounts of which ever manner. Do not click on the URL to find the automatic redirection, instead paste in the browser. Many of you may have recd. such mails, this scam is leading to catch paypal,card systems and mo... See more
There is a new nigerian scam going on and I have lost the access to my hotmail account and I was called by a few colleagues from my database, that something is not going right. I have changed my msn accounts and request you to do the same and not accept any messages from public mail accounts of which ever manner. Do not click on the URL to find the automatic redirection, instead paste in the browser. Many of you may have recd. such mails, this scam is leading to catch paypal,card systems and money bookers where ever you do your transaction. I wanted to alert you. Best regards, BrandisCollapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Not new May 26, 2008

Hi Brandis,
Sorry to hear about your problem.
But the truth is that it is not new. I experienced this sometime in 2005 but I couldn't track the source and didn't understand the why and how of it. I was simply glad when it all started working normally (after several days).
FYI I managed to keep my MSN account. But I had to inform all my contacts that as I didn't have access to my MSN account I was not responsible for any e-mail/ message that they may receive.
Hope your
... See more
Hi Brandis,
Sorry to hear about your problem.
But the truth is that it is not new. I experienced this sometime in 2005 but I couldn't track the source and didn't understand the why and how of it. I was simply glad when it all started working normally (after several days).
FYI I managed to keep my MSN account. But I had to inform all my contacts that as I didn't have access to my MSN account I was not responsible for any e-mail/ message that they may receive.
Hope your problem will be resolved soon.
Ritu
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:54
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the adv... May 27, 2008

Halo Bitu Bhanot, The calamity had happened and many colleagues and customers in my database have been contacted. It requires much time and energy to save this situation. I wonder really how many others in my database were affected. It is now a time process. Best regards, Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

attn people and friends

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »