Ute Wietfeld  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:50
English to German
+ ...
Deactivating preview in Outlook Express Sep 16, 2008

Hi Jenny

Jenny Forbes wrote:

Please could you explain to me (simply - I'm blonde) how to deactivate the preview pane. I've tried doing it myself using Outlook Express's soi-disant Help, but there was nothing there about deactivating preview panes or deactivating anything.

AFAIK, in Outlook Express you click on "View", then on "Layout" and at the bottom of the tab that opens you have the option to activate/deactivate preview. Just untick the box.

HTH

Ute

[Edited at 2008-09-16 18:28]

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:50
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you, Ute Sep 16, 2008

Ute Wietfeld wrote:

Hi Jenny

Jenny Forbes wrote:

Please could you explain to me (simply - I'm blonde) how to deactivate the preview pane. I've tried doing it myself using Outlook Express's soi-disant Help, but there was nothing there about deactivating preview panes or deactivating anything.

AFAIK, in Outlook Express you click on "View", then on "Layout" and at the bottom of the tab that opens you have the option to activate/deactivate preview. Just untick the box.

HTH

Ute

[Edited at 2008-09-16 18:28]

Thank you so much, Ute. Done it. Problem solved.
Kind regards,
Jenny

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Desabling the preview pane Sep 16, 2008

Jenny Forbes wrote:
Please could you explain to me (simply - I'm blonde) how to deactivate the preview pane.

Sure. I have Outlook Express in Spanish, so I am only assuming the English commands: In the menu, choose View > Layout, then uncheck the "Show Preview pane" checkbox.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed Sep 16, 2008

Ute Wietfeld wrote:

Indeed. Sorry. I did not see your comment! Regards!

Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Block the sender Sep 16, 2008

Hi Jenny,

I haven't received that one yet (touch wood)!

Just in case you don't do this, in Outlook Express you can also block the sender. Click on 'Message' and in the drop-down menu there's an option, . Just click on it and it will block the sender and ask you if you want it to delete the mail. If you tell it to do that, don't forget the mail will still be sitting in the 'Deleted items' folder. I normally empty the folder immediately, just to be safe.

Of c
... See more
Hi Jenny,

I haven't received that one yet (touch wood)!

Just in case you don't do this, in Outlook Express you can also block the sender. Click on 'Message' and in the drop-down menu there's an option, . Just click on it and it will block the sender and ask you if you want it to delete the mail. If you tell it to do that, don't forget the mail will still be sitting in the 'Deleted items' folder. I normally empty the folder immediately, just to be safe.

Of course, that doesn't stop them simply setting up a new address. However, at least it may cause them a little inconvenience.

Have a good evening!
Caryl
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peculiar "warning" received by email

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »