Stuart Dowell
Stuart Dowell  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:10
Member (2007)
Polish to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2008

If any of you are interested in on-line backup but haven't taken the plunge yet, then Mozy has an interesting offer for new sign-ups in November.

Free users get 2GB of storage for free as standard but new sign-ups get an extra 512 MB if they sign up before 30 November and if they enter a bonus code from an existing user.

Follow the link, then click on "2GB for free", then sign up as normal, entering your bonus code, if you manage to get one.

After sign-up
... See more
If any of you are interested in on-line backup but haven't taken the plunge yet, then Mozy has an interesting offer for new sign-ups in November.

Free users get 2GB of storage for free as standard but new sign-ups get an extra 512 MB if they sign up before 30 November and if they enter a bonus code from an existing user.

Follow the link, then click on "2GB for free", then sign up as normal, entering your bonus code, if you manage to get one.

After sign-up you will be prompted to download the Mozy client, after which you can start backing up your files.

The 2 GB plus 512 MB bonus should be enough for people who just want to back up emails, text files, invoices, user settings etc. but will not be enough for those want to back up photos, videos and sound files.

I've used the service for about 6 months now and have found it easy to use and restore files. I haven't had a total system failure yet but if I do then I know my critical files are safe.

Best regards,

Stuart

[Edited at 2008-11-05 12:45]

[Edited at 2008-11-05 14:16]

[Edited at 2008-11-06 12:10]
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:10
Flemish to English
+ ...
Another interesting offer for on-line backup Nov 5, 2008

There are more sites like these: http://wua.la
It is free of charge.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
English to Hungarian
+ ...
- Nov 5, 2008

Williamson wrote:

There are more sites like these: http://wua.la
It is free of charge.

Yeah there are. Most of them are nowhere near as good as mozy which is also free.
Wua.la just gives you 1GB by default and while p2p online backup is an interesting idea I prefer 24/7 uptime for safety backups... If the person who has bits of the file you need is offline you're pretty much SOL with that.

I'm also a mozy user but I'm not going to post my signup link. Let Stuart take the extra storage if someone decides to sign up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interesting offer for on-line backup from Mozy

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »