https://www.proz.com/forum/safe_computing/23382-warning_web_domain_expiration_notice_scam_in_the_uk.html

Warning - Web domain expiration notice scam in the UK
Thread poster: Lisa Frideborg Eddy (X)
Lisa Frideborg Eddy (X)
Lisa Frideborg Eddy (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:09
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2004

This warning goes out to all UK based translators who have web hosting through ProZ.

There is a company named Domain Registry Services who send out letters stating that you must renew your web domain name by sending them a cheque of GBP 60.00, or your domain will be deleted.

This is not true. If you, like me, have your web domain through Proz, you will receive e-mail notification from Proz when it's time to renew.

Domain Registry Services used to operate u
... See more
This warning goes out to all UK based translators who have web hosting through ProZ.

There is a company named Domain Registry Services who send out letters stating that you must renew your web domain name by sending them a cheque of GBP 60.00, or your domain will be deleted.

This is not true. If you, like me, have your web domain through Proz, you will receive e-mail notification from Proz when it's time to renew.

Domain Registry Services used to operate under another name and you can read more about the scam here http://www.computeractive.co.uk/news/1152108

I have phoned the police and they are aware that the company is operating under a new name.

HTH, Lisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Warning - Web domain expiration notice scam in the UK

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »