Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 23, 2004

Hi mates,

This is for Ghost users.
I'm wondering if it's possible to do a backup with Ghost saving to DVD on a different computer (networked via router).
I've read something about peer-to-peer connection for clonning a HDD, but cannot find any reference to saving the image using a DVD recorder that is on a different computer.

The thing is, I can read DVDs with my laptop, but the DVD recorder is on the desktop PC. I'm trying to find a way of doing it with DVDs or else I'd need 15 CDs (which I've read it's not adviseable); at least until I get the netdisk.

Thanks for any help!

[Edited at 2004-11-23 16:36]

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 20:28
English to German
+ ...
one solution Nov 23, 2004

Hi! generate a folder with common drive sharing on the network, such that you can access from anywhere in the network. Rgds, Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using NortonGhost2003 with DVDs over network

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs