ProZ.com global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
Ideas

User
Thread poster: AndyTsai
Stay away from the fraudulent website - TQ(www.transquotation.com)!

AndyTsai  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:24
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...
May 9, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'm Andy Tsai, an English-Chinese translator, recently I disclosed a scam website which cheats membership fee out of translators' pockets by fabricating "huge projects" out of nowhere or simply copying and pasting it from other translation portals.

This website has long since been complained by our fellow translators on proz and elsewhere. Please see this: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/61498-posted_job_exclusively_on_prozcom_but_it_appeared_on_transquotationcom-page2.html.

I disclosed it recently on proz to warn our colleagues:

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/195938-please_stay_clear_of_transquotationwwwtransquotationcom_its_a_scam.html.

And the next thing I knew, they are posting a libellous message "Scam Warning" on their home page with my pictures and profile that I registered on their website.

www.transquotation.com.

Proz staff Jared Tabor has contributed an article on this issue, please see:

http://blogproz.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/please-share-translator-who-alerted-colleagues-about-transquotation-is-target-of-false-scam-alert/.

Absolutely this guy from transquotation(scam) still doesn't feel satisfied with what he's already done, he sends out emails to my references and my clients with another email address(Jason.Howa​rd@softhom​e.net) claiming I'm a fraudulent translator who asks for advance payments and then disappear, the following is his email, he bcced to me each copy he sends out:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing you to inform you about the dishonest conduct of an individual
by the name of Andy Tsai operating as a freelance translator out of China.
We found Andy Tsai through an online directory in order to urgently
translate some documents from Japanese to Chinese. He initially offered us
your company as reference with a reasonable translation price on our
project. Subsequently, we decided to proceed with his services in which he
requested a retainer in order to start. That was the last we heard from him
and all attempts to contact him and retrieve our retainer ended in vain.
We posted his profile on various online portals as well as alerting
Australian authorities about such fraudulent acts.
We have also heard from another colleague of ours in the translation
business that they have become his victim under the similar circumstances.
Please avoid all future dealings and contacts with this individual at all
costs if you ever come across his path.

Yours truly
Jason Howard
JP Translation and Collocation
Jason.Howard@softhome.net

And today he is now posting a libellous feedback in the Hall of Fame and Shame, in the disguise of a PM who works with me.

Please see:

http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/MegaBBS/forumthread17624.htm (It might have been deleted when you are reading this as a kind moderator of translatorscafe has contacted the moderator of "Hall of Fame and Shame" when I told her about the whole thing.)

And this is his profile: http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/member144396no.htm (registered today without details, soley for the sake of defaming me).

I've talked to the real Lewis Peters on skype and he said he would try to contact the moderator to delete this.

And I also want to make a statement here that I'm a highly reliable translator who always return his decent translation on time, how can anybody be misled by these libellous words as I don't charge advance payments except towards those who already have a bad reputation on the internet, I accept test translation sometimes and I have great feedbacks as a translation service provider: http://www.proz.com/translator/1184369

Any further libels against "Andy Tsai" would be most likely from www.transquotation.com(scam), please don't believe any word of it!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

Andy Tsai

[Edited at 2011-05-09 16:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-05-10 02:24 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 00:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
new thread May 9, 2011

Hi Andy,

For the sake of consistency, I would have added this info to your previous thread on the matter.

Why opening a whole new thread on the same topic?

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 02:24
Japanese to English
Sue them May 9, 2011

Andy, I would strongly urge you to pursue legal action against these people. Their lies could very well cost you both clients and goodwill and you can't risk that. See a lawyer as soon as you can!

Natalia Pedrosa  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm with you Andy May 10, 2011

I have been a member of Transquotation for one year and was not awarded a single project, even though I submitted several bids each week. So I decided not to renew my membership.
It's good people like you have the courage to post these comments here which others may find really useful for their pockets and their moral.

Best regards,

Natalia

China
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No idea where this ghost lurks May 10, 2011

Problem is, god knows where this ghost lurks, he uses VPN I guess, so it's hard to get his IP address.

And trust me, they have multiple similar websites like transquotation(scam), I've digged many of them out and found the previous complaints on the internet.

I'll make them public when it's necessary.

TransAfrique wrote:

Andy, I would strongly urge you to pursue legal action against these people. Their lies could very well cost you both clients and goodwill and you can't risk that. See a lawyer as soon as you can!

China
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Empathy May 10, 2011

Dear Natalia,

I know what it feels like and how much it must have cost.
You must have lost so much by wasting your time on this.

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

I have been a member of Transquotation for one year and was not awarded a single project, even though I submitted several bids each week. So I decided not to renew my membership.
It's good people like you have the courage to post these comments here which others may find really useful for their pockets and their moral.

Best regards,

Natalia

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified

Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Really very sorry Andi May 10, 2011

For what is worth (I am not a lawyer) I suggest you to act according to the laws of your Country, in order to protect your professional career.

[Edited at 2011-05-10 12:58 GMT]

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
As I said in the other thread... May 10, 2011

these or similar facts are known to me since November 2007.

4 years should be enough to establish beyond the shadow of a doubt that "There is something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark".

I confirm the information given by Andy as per the copying and reposting of translation jobs. This is clearly not a sound and honest practice.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Old thread? Nov 2, 2012

Walter Landesman wrote:
For the sake of consistency, I would have added this info to your previous thread on the matter.

So, if this is the "new thread", why not tell us what was the "old thread"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Stay away from the fraudulent website - TQ(www.transquotation.com)!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexbible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: Completely redesigned user interface Live Preview Inline spell checking Inline formatting and more

More info »