Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Realtranslatorjobs.com: too good to be true?
Thread poster: Helene Diu
nimrodtran
nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Real Translator® Jobs Aug 6, 2015

Now I see this. Was victim of this scam, and hope those guys at clickbank return me the money...
Sent an email to [email protected]. Paid. Afterwards they ask you a deposit of US$ 250 for a software.

The strange thing is that I found their ad here at proz.com, and afterwards disappeared...

Don't you think that you have to exercise a certain control?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:20
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Could you please specify where on ProZ.com you found an ad for realtranslatorjobs.com? Aug 6, 2015

nimrodtran wrote:

Now I see this. Was victim of this scam, and hope those guys at clickbank return me the money...
Sent an email to [email protected]. Paid. Afterwards they ask you a deposit of US$ 250 for a software.

The strange thing is that I found their ad here at proz.com, and afterwards disappeared...

Don't you think that you have to exercise a certain control?

Dear nimrodtran,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Could you please specify where on ProZ.com you found an ad for realtranslatorjobs.com? Your reply will help me look into this and take action.

If you want, you can supply this information as a support request as well. Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Best regards,
Alejandro

maiakh
maiakh  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 03:20
Georgian to German
+ ...
ad for realtranslatorjobs.com on ProZ.com Aug 9, 2015

I sent my application to http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/1050167 and got the answer from Yunik White:

...Congratulations! We\'ve carefully reviewed your ProZ application and have deemed you qualified for our Translator job opportunity.
Real Translator® is an equal-opportunity, world-wide leading translation agency. We pride ourselves in building the most successful tr
... See more
I sent my application to http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/1050167 and got the answer from Yunik White:

...Congratulations! We\'ve carefully reviewed your ProZ application and have deemed you qualified for our Translator job opportunity.
Real Translator® is an equal-opportunity, world-wide leading translation agency. We pride ourselves in building the most successful translators in the industry, since 2001. ....
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Ticket submitted? Aug 9, 2015

Hi Maia,

I will immediately block that profile, but I cannot remove the job - only site staff can do this.

Please submit a support ticket.

Thank you,
Natalia

Elena Va
Elena Va
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:20
Russian to English
+ ...
! Aug 9, 2015

maiakh wrote:

...Congratulations! We\\\'ve carefully reviewed your ProZ application and have deemed you qualified for our Translator job opportunity.
Real Translator® is an equal-opportunity, world-wide leading translation agency. We pride ourselves in building the most successful translators in the industry, since 2001. ....

Thank you!!!

verodg
verodg
Argentina
Local time: 20:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
about Yunik White Aug 9, 2015

I have just received an email from him too!!!

they describe their agency and their address is in Canada. They passed me the fees and conditions. So you mean that they are not serious?

Thank you in advance.

Inter-Tra
Inter-Tra  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:20
English to Italian
+ ...
9th August 2015 - They now send a contract attached.. Aug 10, 2015

Here they are again,

They send the following e-mail:

Real Translator® is an equal-opportunity, world-wide leading translation agency. We pride ourselves in building the most successful translators in the industry, since 2001. Our non-local, international full-time home-based employees earn a yearly median of 6 figures - which renders us the highest paid Translators in the world today. Our recurring clients include but are not limited to : International cor
... See more
Here they are again,

They send the following e-mail:

Real Translator® is an equal-opportunity, world-wide leading translation agency. We pride ourselves in building the most successful translators in the industry, since 2001. Our non-local, international full-time home-based employees earn a yearly median of 6 figures - which renders us the highest paid Translators in the world today. Our recurring clients include but are not limited to : International corporations (Sony, Coke, Apple & co), Hollywood studios to small and local businesses.

Real Translator® Inc. has its base location in Toronto, ON, at 2063 Yonge St. Suite 202.
If you are outside of Canada or Toronto, you will only be eligible for at-home translations.

Before signing up, please acknowledge the following

•You are comfortable translating general-type texts from your language of specialty, namely disclosure documents, product descriptions, emails and websites.
•You are free to choose either an occasional, part-time or full-time load.
•You acknowledge RT®J retains a 5% commission on each work completed discluding registration fee.
•You have read our Management Agreement.

If you are comfortable with these terms, the next step is to proceed by registering to our applicant website (this is a short-url please make sure to copy/paste it without any space) tiny.cc/RTJ and navigating to the members panel.

From there, you can customize your profile, and add your favorite payment method (i.e. cheque, Paypal, e-transfer), please make sure to carefully choose your language(s) of specialty as this will determine which jobs will be displayed on your screen.

If you choose a full-time or part-time load, you will be required to fill in the management agreement that we have attached to this email and upload it to your profile.

Herewith 3 articles of the sent contract

102680449. During the term of this agreement, the Translator shall have the following duties and responsibilities:

a)... b)..
g) to conduct himself or herself at all times in a professional manner in conformity with public conventions, morals and standards of decency, and not to do or commit any act or thing that will degrade RTJ or subject it to public contempt, scorn, ridicule or disrepute, or to shock or offend the community, or to prejudice its standing in the comReal Translator® is an equal-opportunity

102680450. For its services hereunder, Real Translator Jobs shall be entitled to an agency fee (the "Agency Fee") equal to (i) 20% of all monies received by or on behalf of the Translator for work performed in respect of the general free-lance translation Services booked by or through Real Translator Jobs; and (ii) 15% of all monies received by or on behalf of the Translator for work performed in respect of the specific free-lance translations Services booked by or through Real Translator Jobs.

102680453. The Translator hereby authorizes Real Translator Jobs to use, and to authorize others to use, and grants the right to use and license to others, the Translator's name, likeness, portrait, picture and biographical material, and to advertise, publicize and reproduce same in all forms of media, in connection with the engagement hereunder.

Thank YOU ALL!!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Realtranslatorjobs.com: too good to be true?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »