TRANSLATION SECRET asking for your CV
Thread poster: HERBET Abel
HERBET Abel
HERBET Abel  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
English to French
+ ...
Jun 9, 2013

Be careful with Translation Secret they ask your CV and use it in your place.
They are plenty persons in Translation Secret doing that with a Gmail adress and they all come from Plalestine. Bye.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Here is the confirmation from an anti-scammer:
A scamming operation based in Palestine is sending out your CV pretending to be YOU, using
YOUR names (or FAKE names), and with THEIR OWN email addresses, which don't belong to you:

... See more
Be careful with Translation Secret they ask your CV and use it in your place.
They are plenty persons in Translation Secret doing that with a Gmail adress and they all come from Plalestine. Bye.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Here is the confirmation from an anti-scammer:
A scamming operation based in Palestine is sending out your CV pretending to be YOU, using
YOUR names (or FAKE names), and with THEIR OWN email addresses, which don't belong to you:

Ritha De Vries (
Charlotte Connan de Vries) -- [email protected]
Sam Woythaler (Abel Herbert) -- [email protected]
Dolores Corbo (
Dolores R. Guiñazú) -- [email protected]

These scammers may have fooled you into accepting their "marketing" of your CV. Regardless of your unwary "authorization", they will copy and hijack anybody's CV to their own profit.

You may read more about these fraudulent scamming practices in this page created by another translator, in which your scammer is already listed:
http://www.jrdias.com/jrd-translator-scammers.htm

Note: For the moment, I wish remain to remain anonymous behind this email address I use to fight these scammers.

Sincerely,

A Translator Colleague

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Abel Herbet,
I am pleased with your trust.
First of all, I want to tell you about my company, its name: Translation Secrets
and our website is: http://translationsecrets.com .
You can find what information you need and if it is not enough do not hesitate to ask.
If you are interested to make a mutual collaboration, My Company have an agreement (Attached).
Please read it carefully and if you accept, sign it and resend it with your cover letter.

Regards,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Abel Herbet wrote:
Hi,
I can do all that with a bit more details from you please.
See my CV, experience > 10 years.
Announce me your budgeted rates and payment delays.
TKU
Regards
Abel

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
De : Hema Basel [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : samedi 8 juin 2013 17:03
À : undisclosed-recipients:
Objet : Freelancer French translators needed.

Freelancer French translators needed.

Dear freelancer,

I’m a project manager and I am looking for freelancer translators who can translate English to French and vice versa. Freelancers must have the following qualifications.

1- Can finish the project within the agreed upon period

2- Have an experience of at least one year.

We are searching for the best to collaborate with us now and in the future. If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Hema
Collapse

Tracy Anh (X)
Ayşe Bora

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:11
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Known offenders Jun 9, 2013

I believe it is just a matter of time until the original post will be squashed for naming names, but they are indeed known offenders.
An independent translator should not have a CV in the first place, and they certainly don't need to spread them around.
Translators should be so much more vigilant and careful about their identity, that I don't know from where to begin.

Stay away and stay safe.

[Edited at 2013-06-09 17:16 GMT]

Blanca Collazo
Blanca Collazo  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 07:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translation Secret and others Jun 9, 2013

I received two of those emails from both parties mentioned. Unfortunately, I did the research after I received the 2nd email asking for permission to use my CV and cover letter. Only then, I got suspicious.
Be aware!

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Already a thread about this Jun 9, 2013

There is a long thread about this scammer here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/230462-scam_alert:_freelancers_and_agencies_please_beware_of_a_scammer_impersonating_real_translators.html

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Well known scammers Jun 10, 2013

Shai Nave wrote:

I believe it is just a matter of time until the original post will be squashed for naming names, but they are indeed known offenders.

Stay away and stay safe.

[Edited at 2013-06-09 17:16 GMT]

Since they are well known scammers, including their multiple "Aka's", this thread, including their name, should remain here as to caution our colleagues.

They have a long record of scamming translators and using their CVs with not exactly "honorable" intentions.

Based on my own experience with these scammers back in 2011, I recommend that their BB record be taken with a pinch of salt.

Stay safe, that is, away from these scammers.

Alexandre Tissot
Alexandre Tissot  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
Thank you for the information! Jun 18, 2013

Good afternoon,

I also received an e-mail from this agency and the name of the project manager was Hema.

Best regards,

Alexandre

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:11
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
I also received an e-mail from them Jun 18, 2013

It was not addressed to me personally but sent to "undisclosed recipients".

It was from someone named Reham. Does this mean that they also have my CV? I removed it from my profile a long time ago to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Sarah

Lara Barnett
Lara Barnett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:11
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
Email for voice over artists Jan 8, 2016

I am aware this in now 2 years down the line, but I have just responded to a voice over job posting from a company called translationsecets.com. I was asked to record a 200 word voice over for the clients approval, with the hope of getting chosen to provide ongoing VO recordings. Is this the same company that this forum is claiming as scammers? Also, in the Translation Secrets feedback there are quite a lot of people giving positive feedback. So I am confused whether to send my recording in ... See more
I am aware this in now 2 years down the line, but I have just responded to a voice over job posting from a company called translationsecets.com. I was asked to record a 200 word voice over for the clients approval, with the hope of getting chosen to provide ongoing VO recordings. Is this the same company that this forum is claiming as scammers? Also, in the Translation Secrets feedback there are quite a lot of people giving positive feedback. So I am confused whether to send my recording in or not (after having worked so hard to produce it to quality). They already have my website address, CV and educational certificates through my initial job inquiry.

Can anyone confirm that they are actually scammers?
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Confirmed Jan 8, 2016

LaraBarnett wrote:
Can anyone confirm that they are actually scammers?

Have a look at their BB 9086 and read the threads posted in the Note from site staff.

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:11
German to English
+ ...
CV in your profile Jan 8, 2016

There have been earlier discussions on having a CV in your Proz profile. (My suggestion is to have a very short one containing not much information.) Examples:

See more
There have been earlier discussions on having a CV in your Proz profile. (My suggestion is to have a very short one containing not much information.) Examples:

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/267751-suggestion_dont_post_cvs.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/259561-bad_translator_impersonates_a_good_one.html

Of course, that doesn't help much if you send your full CV to a real translation agency which then misuses it. All you can do is try to detect the dishonest agencies before deciding whether to send your and I expect that can be a difficult thing to do.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRANSLATION SECRET asking for your CV

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »