Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:59
English to Czech
+ ...
Nov 16, 2013

Dear all,
opening the PROZ site recently, I have been receiving requests for WWA feedback from people (translators) I have never worked with and have never been in contact with. Any similar experience? Might it be a deliberate effort of the people to get feedback "by chance" or a kind of malware?
Any thoughts or similar experience?
Thank you

Melanie Di-Costanzo
Melanie Di-Costanzo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
strange... Nov 16, 2013

Hello Jitka,
this never happened to me. I would check if somebody didn't steal your identity.
Maybe have a look at a scammer list.
Have a nice day

Michaela Sommer
Michaela Sommer  Identity Verified
English to German
Identity theft? Nov 16, 2013

Hi Jitka,

Yes, it happened to me once and it turned out that my identity had been stolen by somebody who then approached freelance translators in my name with jobs he (or she) never intended to pay for. Better check the scam alert forum (http://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts/) or send in a support ticket.

Best of luck!

Michaela

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:59
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, no similar experience yet, Nov 16, 2013

but as these things have a nasty tendency to propagate, I will be more careful than usual... Thanks and best of luck!

Teresa

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 04:59
SITE STAFF
Apparently due to outdated Blue Board affiliation Nov 18, 2013

Hi Jitka,

It appears that you were asked to give feedback about these translators because you were still linked to a Blue Board record for a company that you're no longer affiliated with. I see that the support team helped you remove that Blue Board link yesterday, so you should no longer get these feedback requests.

If it does happen again, however, please submit a support request to let site staff know.

Thanks,

Jason

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hopefully outdated Blue Board affiliation Nov 19, 2013

Hi Jason, and dear all,
it seems the issue was rather "technical" than "scam". Hopefully it appears that it was caused by my outdated board affiliation and the vendors simply decided to use my contact instead of the company contact. It occurred to me only when I received feedback request from a lady, a very reliable translator, with whom I used to cooperate within the company business...
So now it is solved and I hope that it is the REASON...
See more
Hi Jason, and dear all,
it seems the issue was rather "technical" than "scam". Hopefully it appears that it was caused by my outdated board affiliation and the vendors simply decided to use my contact instead of the company contact. It occurred to me only when I received feedback request from a lady, a very reliable translator, with whom I used to cooperate within the company business...
So now it is solved and I hope that it is the REASON
Anyway, thank you all and good luck with your "words" .o)
Best regards
Jitka
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WWA feedback requests from unknown translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »