how i can report a scam?

Michele Giacummo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:40
Member (Feb 2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 4

I've just got a scam email from a proz user bpfieffer14.
What i should do? Just ignore it?

thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:40
French to English
+ ...
'Report spam' link at bottom of message Feb 4

Assuming you received this message via your ProZ.com profile, you should find right at the bottom of the message a link you can click on to 'report spam' automatically.

If you wish to be able to make additional comments, then it is probably better to submit a Support Request, into which you can copy and paste the ENTIRE e-mail (including the full headers, which you may need to adjust your e-mail server in order to be able to see).

[Modifié le 2014-02-04 14:48 GMT]

anashuster  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:40
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Scammers - It's time to do something about it! Feb 8

There are millions of translators in the world who, just like me, are trying to make an honest living. Isn't there anything we can do to stop these scammers who steal our CVs, our time, our money?!

I was recently victim of a scammer - (ok, "my fault", no need to rub it in!). However, having contacted the company the translation was for, asking for help identifying the scammer (at least they could have suspended payment to them, report their paypal address should that be the case) they just said the job had been done and they would have to pay the agency!!!

Shouldn't we also be protecting ourselves from these companies, who are protecting these scammers?!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how i can report a scam?

SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on
Speed up manual translations with sub-segment matching

AutoSuggest accelerates translation editing in SDL Trados Studio 2014 through intelligent sub-segment matching suggestions while you type.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »