Thread poster: Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:55
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2014

I think this e-mail that I received today from service.paypal.de [email protected] is a scam. I've never seen anything like it, and all my PayPal dealings are in English with company logo, etc. I'm deleting it. Others, beware.

Lieber kunde,

Wir arbeitet fortlaufend an der Gewährleistung der Sicherheit. Dazu werden die Konten in unserem System regelmäßig überprüft.
Kürzlich haben wir Ihr Ko
... See more
I think this e-mail that I received today from service.paypal.de [email protected] is a scam. I've never seen anything like it, and all my PayPal dealings are in English with company logo, etc. I'm deleting it. Others, beware.

Lieber kunde,

Wir arbeitet fortlaufend an der Gewährleistung der Sicherheit. Dazu werden die Konten in unserem System regelmäßig überprüft.
Kürzlich haben wir Ihr Konto geprüft und benötigen weitere Informationen, damit wir Ihnen einen sicheren Service anbieten können.
Solange uns diese Informationen nicht zur Verfügung stehen, ist Ihr Zugang zu vertraulichen Kontofunktionen eingeschränkt.
Wir möchten Ihren Zugang schnellstmöglich wiederherstellen und entschuldigen uns für diese Unannehmlichkeit.

Klicken Sie bitte hier um diese Beschränkung aufheben zu können

Warum ist mein Kontozugriff eingeschränkt?
Ihr Kontozugriff wurde aus dem folgenden Grund eingeschränkt:
Wir möchten überprüfen, daß sich niemand ohne Ihre Erlaubnis Zugriff zu Ihrem Konto verschaft hat.

Copyright © 1999-2014. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 14:55
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
DEFINITE scam! Mar 11, 2014

Worth pointing out here once again that PayPal ALWAYS addresses you by your account name, and NEVER as 'Dear Customer' etc. — this is one elementary way they help you spot scam / phishing attempts easily. I have a PayPal account name that is different from the e-mail address I use, and could not be guessed from it, so even if someone addresses me as 'Dear [name from e-mail address]', I know it's not genuine.

If you haven't already, you ought to report this to the PayPal security s
... See more
Worth pointing out here once again that PayPal ALWAYS addresses you by your account name, and NEVER as 'Dear Customer' etc. — this is one elementary way they help you spot scam / phishing attempts easily. I have a PayPal account name that is different from the e-mail address I use, and could not be guessed from it, so even if someone addresses me as 'Dear [name from e-mail address]', I know it's not genuine.

If you haven't already, you ought to report this to the PayPal security service — there's a special link for reporting this sort of abuse on their opening page.

[Modifié le 2014-03-11 12:05 GMT]
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:55
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No doubt about it! Mar 11, 2014

Tony M wrote:

If you haven't already, you ought to report this to the PayPal security service — there's a special link for reporting this sort of abuse on their opening page.

[Modifié le 2014-03-11 12:05 GMT]

I agree 100 % with Tony. Anything coming from PayPal will address you by your name, thus everything else is a Scam.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 08:55
Romanian to English
+ ...
Scam! Mar 11, 2014

I receive this kind of message every time I use PayPal. Somebody must have partially hacked into my PayPal account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

probable scam: service.paypal.de

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »