ALTS Translation Services web forgery
Thread poster: ThorinE
ThorinE
ThorinE  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:36
German to English
Feb 23, 2015

Today I found an email in my Gmail account's Spam folder from ALTS Translation Services - a company I have worked with before and whom I had a good experience with.

However, the text in the email was as follows:

"Hello

I just attached the pictures and the document for the transactions such as invoice and others .Click here to view

kind regards

Thank you

Translation Team
ALTS Translation Services
NZQA & NZ
... See more
Today I found an email in my Gmail account's Spam folder from ALTS Translation Services - a company I have worked with before and whom I had a good experience with.

However, the text in the email was as follows:

"Hello

I just attached the pictures and the document for the transactions such as invoice and others .Click here to view

kind regards

Thank you

Translation Team
ALTS Translation Services
NZQA & NZTA (LTSA) Approved Translation Service
39 Carlton Mill Road, Merivale, Christchurch 8014

The "click here" was a hyperlink to a photography website, and when I Googled the page without accessing it from the link, I was warned that it was likely a web forgery designed to get personal information from me.

I think ALTS itself obviously was hacked, and any similar emails from them should be reported to the actual company.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:36
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Sounds like Hacking/Pishing Feb 24, 2015

Thank you, Thorin, for posting this.

In case I receive an email from the company, I will inform them immediately. Did you submit a support request here on ProZ.com regarding this fraudul activity? They can issue a Spam alert.

Stay safe!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALTS Translation Services web forgery

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »