Thread poster: CristinaPereira

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:44
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 24, 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate some help here. I have about 50% of a file translated and since the TM was always crashing (running concordance searches), I decided to "reorganise" it (File menu). Something happened and now I cannot use the Open/Get, Set/Close buttons (only the Open and Close buttons).

Does this mean I'll have to translate it all again? And, if so, how, since the "set" buttons don't work? I even cleaned up a copy but it doesn't work neither.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:44
German to French
Workaround Mar 24, 2008

Hi Cristina,

It happend to me sometimes, and the only workaround was to close Trados (and maybe Word), and to restart it... did you perhaps already try that?

HTH,
Sylvain

Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Mar 24, 2008

Thanks a lot, Sylvain! I didn't even had to restart my computer. Sometimes we forget the basic notions...

Many thanks again,

Cristina

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:44
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Connect to Workbench Mar 24, 2008

Hi Cristina,

I'd really appreciate some help here. I have about 50% of a file translated and since the TM was always crashing (running concordance searches), I decided to "reorganise" it (File menu). Something happened and now I cannot use the Open/Get, Set/Close buttons (only the Open and Close buttons).

Have you tried Tools - Connect to Workbench?

HTH, Ralf

Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Connect to Workbench Mar 24, 2008

Thanks Ralf,

I didn't had to do that. I mean, the Workbench was running when I had that problem. It may be useful for other "situations", though.

Thanks!

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open/Get, Set/Close in Tag Editor not working

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs