Thread poster: CristinaPereira

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 24, 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate some help here. I have about 50% of a file translated and since the TM was always crashing (running concordance searches), I decided to "reorganise" it (File menu). Something happened and now I cannot use the Open/Get, Set/Close buttons (only the Open and Close buttons).

Does this mean I'll have to translate it all again? And, if so, how, since the "set" buttons don't work? I even cleaned up a copy but it doesn't work neither.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
Member (2003)
German to French
Workaround Mar 24, 2008

Hi Cristina,

It happend to me sometimes, and the only workaround was to close Trados (and maybe Word), and to restart it... did you perhaps already try that?

HTH,
Sylvain

Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Mar 24, 2008

Thanks a lot, Sylvain! I didn't even had to restart my computer. Sometimes we forget the basic notions...

Many thanks again,

Cristina

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:57
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Connect to Workbench Mar 24, 2008

Hi Cristina,

I'd really appreciate some help here. I have about 50% of a file translated and since the TM was always crashing (running concordance searches), I decided to "reorganise" it (File menu). Something happened and now I cannot use the Open/Get, Set/Close buttons (only the Open and Close buttons).

Have you tried Tools - Connect to Workbench?

HTH, Ralf

Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Connect to Workbench Mar 24, 2008

Thanks Ralf,

I didn't had to do that. I mean, the Workbench was running when I had that problem. It may be useful for other "situations", though.

Thanks!

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open/Get, Set/Close in Tag Editor not working

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs