Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 25, 2008

Hi everyone,

I have just bought the upgrade from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2007 Service Pack 2. I currently have the Trados version 7.0 (build 719).

The thing is that with the upgrade purchase not only do I have access to the upgrade patch to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and SDL MultiTerm 2007, but also to SDL Trados 2006 Freelance Installer, SDL Trados Synergy 2006 Client and the SDL Trados 2006 Freelance - Cumulative Patch 2.

I have checked out the release notes for SDL Trados 2007 Freelance Service Pack 2 and I am not quite sure about the solution to follow:

- Use the full installer to upgrade directly to SDL Trados 2007 and ignore the SDL Trados 2006 patches?
- Upgrade first from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2006 and from there to SDL Trados 2007?

As always, thousand thanks for your help.

Kind regards - Estefanía

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:59
English to Indonesian
+ ...
2007 won't upgrade 2006 Mar 26, 2008

from what i know, you can have both sdl trados 2006 and 2007 on the same computer. that means the 2007 will not upgrade your 2006. cmiiw.
if you don't want to use the 2006 anymore, you can just run the uninstaller then run the installer for 2007. if you want to keep the 2006, i think you can update it before or after you install the 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance Service Pack 2

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs