https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100648-fonts_in_sdl_edit.html

Fonts in SDL Edit
Thread poster: Jan Born
Jan Born
Jan Born
English to German
Mar 27, 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with SDL Edit and hope someone is able to help ...

I'm working on a project in SDL Edit, which I'm not too familiar with.

The client provided me with a Word file of the document to be translated as well as with an SDL Edit file in which he wants me to translate, as it already contains some previous translations. He wants me to return the SDL Edit file. The Word file was only provided to me for reference.

My p
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with SDL Edit and hope someone is able to help ...

I'm working on a project in SDL Edit, which I'm not too familiar with.

The client provided me with a Word file of the document to be translated as well as with an SDL Edit file in which he wants me to translate, as it already contains some previous translations. He wants me to return the SDL Edit file. The Word file was only provided to me for reference.

My problem is this: The Word file has some icons in it that are in a special font in Word. I've installed this font as a .ttf file (which was provided by the client) in my Windows/Fonts directory, and the icons show up correctly in Word.

In SDL Edit, the icons in this special font show up as red vertical lines: |. When I create a Word file from the SDL Edit file, however, all the icons show up as large black dots in the Word file - not as the icons they're supposed to show up as.

I've tried ticking the option "Enable Font Mapping" in the "Create Translation" dialog in SDL Edit, but that didn't help. I've tried this without specifying any path to a font file and with specifying a path to the .ttf file provided by the client.

I've also tried creating the translation without ticking "Enable Font Mapping".

I'm at my wits end. Can anyone help?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fonts in SDL Edit

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »