Fiona Paterson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:46
Member (2006)
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2008

Dear All

I've been playing with Multiterm and searching the forums for a couple of hours now. Please do re-direct me if this has been covered before - I can't believe that someone hasn't had the same problem.

I want to export my Multiterm 7 glossary entries into a tab-delimited file. My glossaries are very simple, with only the source and target terms. I open the glossary in Multiterm, then go to Termbase/export entries, then select 'tab-delimited' and press 'Process'.
... See more
Dear All

I've been playing with Multiterm and searching the forums for a couple of hours now. Please do re-direct me if this has been covered before - I can't believe that someone hasn't had the same problem.

I want to export my Multiterm 7 glossary entries into a tab-delimited file. My glossaries are very simple, with only the source and target terms. I open the glossary in Multiterm, then go to Termbase/export entries, then select 'tab-delimited' and press 'Process'. I save the file as a text file, and just click through the rest of the wizard, not changing any settings.

The resulting text file looks very strange as extra columns appear for some entries and not for others, appearing to say that I made these entries on a particular date. Here's a sample:

1 Fiona 2006-06-20T10:06:01 Fiona 2006-06-20T10:06:01 force publique law enforcement agencies
2 Fiona 2006-06-21T11:23:14 Fiona 2006-06-21T11:23:14 fait act
3 bilan balance sheet
4 bilan balance sheet
5 capitaux propres shareholder's equity
6 banque de proximité retail banking
7 agence bank branch

Obviously I can manually delete all the 'Fiona' and '2006-06-20T10:06:01' stuff, but how can I stop it appearing in the first place? (and yes, I know I've got 'balance sheet' in twice - I only learnt last week how to delete and edit terms in Multiterm... it's taking me a while to get to grips with it).

Even better would be if someone could tell me how to export directly to Excel as that's what I really want to do.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Fiona
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7.1.0.361: Problems exporting to txt file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »