Thread poster: torb
torb
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:43
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 29, 2008

Sometimes Words shows both the source and target text when translating.... haven't found any pattern in this behavior, and can't find out how to fix it...

It is difficult to show the text here, as the HTML editor in the forum won't let me show the } and { signs together with < and >... but instead of showing only the translated segment when I close a TU, both the translated and source text is shown.

Any clues?

(and can anyone tell me whether it is po
... See more
Sometimes Words shows both the source and target text when translating.... haven't found any pattern in this behavior, and can't find out how to fix it...

It is difficult to show the text here, as the HTML editor in the forum won't let me show the } and { signs together with < and >... but instead of showing only the translated segment when I close a TU, both the translated and source text is shown.

Any clues?

(and can anyone tell me whether it is possible to turn off HTML in the post window?)

[Edited at 2008-03-29 11:55]
Collapse

bp-translations
bp-translations  Identity Verified
Austria
English to German
+ ...
Untick the box "Hidden Text" Mar 29, 2008

Hi Tor,

In the wordbar go to Tools>Options and untick the box "Hidden Text" on the View Tab. This should solve the problem.

Hope it helps!

Birgit

torb
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Mar 29, 2008

Birgit Pfaffinger wrote:

Hi Tor,

In the wordbar go to Tools>Options and untick the box "Hidden Text" on the View Tab. This should solve the problem.

Hope it helps!

Birgit

But of course it helped Thank you... not sure why the hidden text is shown in some documents, and not in others, but at least I know where to hide it

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word showing both source and target text when translating

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »