Failing integration of MT Termbase into the Workbench
Thread poster: PPaulus

PPaulus  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:42
German to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2008

I have an ongoing problem with the integration of Multiterm into my workbench.

I work with 7.0 Freelance and MultiTerm 6.0.2.231 (it also reads "Dies ist eine Komponente von Trados MultiTerm iX").

I encountered this problem when I first installed my workbench and always worked using Multiterm separately, as I thought this was a problem of my old version!

But now after my update to 7.0 I still can't integrate Multiterm into my workbench.

Selecting "Term recognition options" under "Options" (which is Terminologieerkennungsoptionen in German) I don't have anything to choose from the Multiterm Verion menu (it's blank). If I try to enter the path to the multiterm termbase, I end up with an error saying "TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem and must be shut donw" (TW4Win.exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden).

I have been trying this a couple of times and have of course shut down and started my computer over and over again, but cannot solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do??

Thanks in advance,

Petra

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Reregister MultiTerm Mar 31, 2008

Hi Petra,
try reregistering MultiTerm: go to your MultiTerm installation folder and run the #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat file.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, try reloading all of your existing termbases to MultiTerm.

PPaulus  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is still not solved Mar 31, 2008

Hi Stanislav,

I found the file #_SelfRegister_NT2KXP and run it. After that, I was no longer able to start MultiTerm via the icon, but only via the programme list...

Unfortunately the problem was not resolved.

What do you mean with "reload all existing termbases to MulitTerm"? All my termbases are available in MultiTerm?

Thanks for your support,

Petra

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Install Java Mar 31, 2008

Install Java. The one that comes with MultiTerm, not the latest one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failing integration of MT Termbase into the Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs