download problems with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
Thread poster: andreaIS (X)
andreaIS (X)
andreaIS (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:03
English to German
+ ...
Mar 30, 2008

I joined into the most recent group-buy, so that I can upgrade from Trados 6.5 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance.

Downloading the two large .exe files (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance with 391 MB and SDL MultiTerm 2007 with 231 MB) will say "downlaod complete" already after 5% to 6% (have not yet checked whether it always stops at the sam enumber of MB - will do that next); the dowloaded files show the correct icons of the installation shields, are of course much smaller (checked onc
... See more
I joined into the most recent group-buy, so that I can upgrade from Trados 6.5 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance.

Downloading the two large .exe files (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance with 391 MB and SDL MultiTerm 2007 with 231 MB) will say "downlaod complete" already after 5% to 6% (have not yet checked whether it always stops at the sam enumber of MB - will do that next); the dowloaded files show the correct icons of the installation shields, are of course much smaller (checked once to be 15 MB); they of course do not run, giving me an error about the downloaded file being corrupted and that I should download the file again.

I have checked in the Support Data Bank, but had to file new query, as my error does not appear (yet), and am waiting for an answer from SDL.

Meanwhile: has anyone run into something similar and found the solution?
Even though I have a shipping address included on my invoice, I am not sure, are we getting CD copies by mail from the ProZ goup-buy?

The Installation guide (4MB) downloaded just fine, but is of 0 use until I actually have the files.

Thanks for any thoughts, comments on this.

Andrea

-- added later: I repeated yet another download, and "No", the download does not end in the sma place, "managed" to download 36 MB this time around, but it is turning into a big waste of time...

[Edited at 2008-03-30 09:41]
Collapse

Jan Kolbaba
Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:03
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Try FTP Mar 31, 2008

Hello Andrea,

please have a look here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100927-problems_downloading_sdl_trados_2007_installation_files_from_sdl_website-.html

Hope it helps.

Regards, Jan

Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 04:03
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I did, try an alternative donwload site... Mar 31, 2008

andreaIS wrote:
Meanwhile: has anyone run into something similar and found the solution?
Andrea

I had a similar problem, I clicked on "Download Now" at "Order Details" page several times, downloaded completed, but the files were corrupted, tried again same thing happened.

So, I clicked on an alternative link. This was the instruction:

"Your download will begin shortly, if it does not please click here to download it."

The "here" was a link to a 'downloadcentre'.

It was OK. HTH.

andreaIS (X)
andreaIS (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:03
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 1, 2008

Thanks Jan and Harry.

I was also following Elke's post as she must have posted the same problem virtually at the same time with me. Jan's suggestion of following the FTP alternative link for download was indeed the solution that worked for me.

Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

download problems with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »