Translating text found in text boxes in Word
Thread poster: torb
torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:39
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 1, 2008

Is there a way, either inside Word or in Tageditor (preferably), I can translate text found in text boxes in a Word document? The text doesn't appear in Tageditor, and I can't select the text or use the usual Trados controls in Word to edit the text... which is a pity, since I got a lot of these documents to translate.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Tageditor should work Apr 1, 2008

You could try Werecat, its a macro sheet. If they cannot extract the content its a strange file you got.
Can you copy the box-content to a new doc? Sometimes I did that when their was much to translate in one box.
Regards
Heinrich

torb  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:39
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Visual Basic editor, text box object Apr 1, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

You could try Werecat, its a macro sheet. If they cannot extract the content its a strange file you got.
Can you copy the box-content to a new doc? Sometimes I did that when their was much to translate in one box.
Regards
Heinrich

Maybe this is something else then, and not a regular textbox.... It is called a textbox object when I right-click it, and when I double-click it, the Visual Basic editor opens, and the actual text shown in the Word document is found in the field "text" under Properties. Here I can copy the text, and I could paste it to another Word document for translation, but for several documents with a lot of these objects, it wouldn't be a good solution. It seems the problem is twofold, some of the text is not recognized/found in Tageditor, but it is also a problem saving the target document with the translated version of the text that Tageditor actually finds; the target document contains the source text...

Werecat didn't find any text to extract, but it did search 24 OLE control objects.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating text found in text boxes in Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs