Diarmuid Kennan
Diarmuid Kennan
Ireland
Local time: 08:19
Member (2006)
Danish to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2008

I have been looking through the forums but have not found a problem identical to the one I am suffering from at the moment.

I am using the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 with SP2. My computer runs MS Office 2007 on a Windows Vista platform.

I cannot translate Word files with Workbench or Tageditor. The machine crashes, giving the following message:

Run-time error '2147221008 (800-401f0)

DataObject: PutInClipboard CoInitialize has not been ca
... See more
I have been looking through the forums but have not found a problem identical to the one I am suffering from at the moment.

I am using the latest version of SDL Trados 2007 with SP2. My computer runs MS Office 2007 on a Windows Vista platform.

I cannot translate Word files with Workbench or Tageditor. The machine crashes, giving the following message:

Run-time error '2147221008 (800-401f0)

DataObject: PutInClipboard CoInitialize has not been called.

I have searched the net for a solution to this problem, which has occurred with increasing frequency and is now permanent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Shiku
Shiku
Local time: 03:19
French to English
+ ...
Run-time error Sep 25, 2008

Hello,

I've also encountered the same problem and can't figure out what may have gone wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darrell Champlin
Darrell Champlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hotfix availalbe Nov 27, 2008

Hi there! I've found a solution for our common problem. You can find the fix in this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/104897?pg=e.
It is a Microsoft VBA issue and the hotfix works perfectly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error (PutInClipboard)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »