Can't open word file in tageditor
Thread poster: Julie Marchant
Julie Marchant
Julie Marchant
Local time: 08:52
English to French
Apr 2, 2008

hello,

I recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 and cannot open any word files in TagEditor. I get the following error message:

Error when using plug-in filters:
Error in plug-in filter definition file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters\Word_1_0_0_0.cml :
the C++ Plug-in DLL TradosWordBinaryFile.dll does not export a valid factory function CreateWordFileScanner

(80003): Tag Editor is unable to open this
... See more
hello,

I recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 and cannot open any word files in TagEditor. I get the following error message:

Error when using plug-in filters:
Error in plug-in filter definition file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters\Word_1_0_0_0.cml :
the C++ Plug-in DLL TradosWordBinaryFile.dll does not export a valid factory function CreateWordFileScanner

(80003): Tag Editor is unable to open this document because the file type is not recognised.

Can anyone help me?

thanks a lot in advance!!

Julie
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Register Trados 2007 via Start>Trados etc. or reinstall Apr 2, 2008

That's all I can think of.

Good luck

Annelise Meyer
Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Die you check the right box in translator's workbench? Apr 2, 2008

Hi Julie,

to translate word documents in TagEditor, you have to select Options>Translation memory options in Workbench, then the Tools tab and check the box TradosTagXMLworkflow for word.doc documents (or rtf if your file is in RTF format). Once this is done, you should be able to open your word files in Tageditor.

Cheers,

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open word file in tageditor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »