Texts in SDL Trados QA Checker Options Windows Invisible
Thread poster: James Chan

James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2008

Hi,

I encountered a problem when I tried to configure SDL Trados QA Checker settings under TagEditor. This is what happened:

I lauched TagEditor and then clicked Tools -> Plug-ins. Then I checked the box for "SDL Trados QA Checker" and then clicked "Properties" in order to enter the window for setting related settings. Interestingly I found all the text in this window was invisible. The only things I could see were merely icons.

Could anyone tell me where went wrong? Below is my software/system configurations:

1. Windows XP Tablet Traditional Chinese
2. SDL Trados 2006/SDL Trados 2007 installed in the same computer.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:51
English to Czech
+ ...
XP Tablet Apr 5, 2008

Hi James,
the cause of your problem could be the XP Tablet Edition, as this OS is not supported by Trados. On the other hand, I used to have the same problem with Trados 2006 (build 756).
If you are using Trados 2007 SP 2 (build 835), why not use QA Checker 2? It is far more accurate and provides many more setup options.

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:51
English to Polish
Too many Tradoses ;) Apr 6, 2008

James,

Could you try re-registering Trados 2007 and checking the QA Checker properties in TagEditor 2007? I guess this issue is related to two Trados versions on your machine (I have the same problem on my desktop in the office).

James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:51
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can view it in SDL Trados 2007 Apr 17, 2008

I registered 2007 and ran QA verifier. Looks like the text was there with 2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Texts in SDL Trados QA Checker Options Windows Invisible

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs