Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:56
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 10, 2008

Hello all

I'm translating a batch of PowerPoint files using TagEditor (TagEditor, Version 7.1). A problem arises when converting back the ttx files into PowerPoint: Font sizes change. Most of the time a 28 font size is reduced to 24, a 24 to 20, or 16 (but not always)... I'm using Windows XP proffesional, Office 2003.

Is there a way to avoid those undesired changes?

Kind regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Sp and Fr to En  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
known bug Apr 10, 2008

It's a known bug, which also affects me on "SDL Trados 2006 Freelance", Word 2003, Windows XP. It also changes the colours of some of the text. I was thinking of upgrading: according to a review in the ITI Bulletin, the latest version has resolved this issue.
However, if this forum is anything to go by, the whole upgrading / installation process with Trados can often be problematic, so I am putting it off until I have finished my current projects.
Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor + PowerPoint: unrequested font changes

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs