Trademark symbol turned to question mark
Thread poster: James Chan

James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2008

Dear All,

I have experienced a problem with SDL Trados 2007 that 2006 does not have. This is what happened:

When I open the source document with TagEditor with SDL 2007 (Version 8.2.0.835), I discovered that trademark symbol which is a "R" in a circle and in supercript turned into question mark (?). I have never had this problem with SDL 2006.

Also if I used TagEditor with SDL Trados 2006 to open TTX files which were created in TagEditor with SDL Trados 2007. I will be prompted with an error message that is related to a filter which is not supported by SDL Trados 2006.

Will appreciate your answers to these two questions above.

James Chan

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexandra Davidson
Local time: 16:24
English to German
+ ...
What is the document type? Apr 15, 2008

Hi James,

What is the document type of the source file? MS Word, FrameMaker, HTML, ... ?

The error message suggests that you are trying to work on a source file for which you do not have the correct tag settings .ini, or no .ini at all.

As to the question mark: The trademark symbol uses a symbol font in the source document, and this font change is indicated by tags in TagEditor. So, as long as you have tags (start tag and end tag) around your ?, you should be fine.

Alexandra

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trademark symbol turned to question mark

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs