Mobile menu

MultiTerm files to share
Thread poster: Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:10
English to Japanese
Apr 15, 2008

I would like to share a MultiTerm terminology I created with my friend. Which files do I need to send her in order to use MultiTerm in SDLX? There are xcd, xdt, xcl, etc, etc... I'm not sure which ones to send.

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Export either as XML or as XLS Apr 15, 2008

If memory serves, you have five different export options in MultiTerm, of which the most popular ones are exporting to XML and exporting to an Excel worksheet, and for good reason. You should export the TDB as an XML ffile and give instructions to your friend for importing it.

For further (and extremely useful) information on exporting and importing termbases, take a look at this page:

You may want to look at the other exercises on the left side of the page for more information to help you understand terminology management concepts.

All the best!

Naomi Yamamoto  Identity Verified
English to Japanese
Export XML (at my side) and then Import it (at my friend) in MultiTerm Apr 15, 2008

Salut Viktoria,

Thanks alot for your quick response!

Actually I converted an Excel file into an XML with MultiTerm Convert and then import it to MultiTerm. I use it in SDLX and now I want to share it with my friend. I will export it with Export function in MultiTerm as you advised. I was not sure if the other party has to import the XML again.

I will also check the site you kindly suggested.

Merci beaucoup encore!

[Edited at 2008-04-15 18:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm files to share

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs