Mobile menu

Invisible Trados "Cleaning Up" as it goes...
Thread poster: Edward Tully

Edward Tully  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Apr 19, 2008

Hi,
I use Trados 5.5 and have never had any problems until yesterday, when, loaded correctly, etc., it started to delete the source text as I moved on to the next section. Also, the tog taggles and percentages are invisible. All I see is the sentence I am working on. Trados is still running, as it continued to find matches, but without the percentage it's more difficult to work. Has anyone else had a similar experience and know how to get my Trados back to visibility?
Thanks and best regards,
Edward Tully

After reading other threads, I have used the "reverse P" and can now see evrything OK, but I wish to see both the source and target sentences, percentages etc. in Trados and not all the Paragraph symbols, dots between words etc. from Word as well! Any ideas?

[Edited at 2008-04-19 10:40]

Aha! Sorted! Tools, Options, Hidden Text...

[Edited at 2008-04-19 10:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:09
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check this forum for the answer... Apr 19, 2008

Dear Edward,

I have moved this thread to the SDL Trados Support, the appropriate forum for any issue regarding this software. Also, the answer to your problem is easy to find in this forum.

bye
Gianfranco

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:09
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
View Options in Word Apr 19, 2008

Edward Tully wrote:
After reading other threads, I have used the "reverse P" and can now see evrything OK, but I wish to see both the source and target sentences, percentages etc. in Trados and not all the Paragraph symbols, dots between words etc. from Word as well! Any ideas?

Dear Edwards,

I'm glad that you have managed to find part of the solution.

Now, to remove some more of those annoying symbols (in particular I find particularly annoying the small showing the space between words), go again to Tools > Options > Show, in Word, and untick the options "Spaces" or "Tabs" or any other you prefer to not see.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2008-04-19 19:31]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invisible Trados "Cleaning Up" as it goes...

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs