Fulvio Giglio
Italy
Local time: 05:58
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 21, 2008

Dear Colleagues,
I wonder if you can help me understand what is happening with my SDL Trados 2007 installation...

I have the following problem:

After having noticed that sometimes the concordance search did not enable me to find terms I knew for sure I had translated with the TM in use, for a final test I just tried to look for "Trusted zone", a two-word translation unit that I had created minutes before. I was rather surprised to find out that the concordance sea
... See more
Dear Colleagues,
I wonder if you can help me understand what is happening with my SDL Trados 2007 installation...

I have the following problem:

After having noticed that sometimes the concordance search did not enable me to find terms I knew for sure I had translated with the TM in use, for a final test I just tried to look for "Trusted zone", a two-word translation unit that I had created minutes before. I was rather surprised to find out that the concordance search did not find it at all...

The TU was created in TagEditor, and the two words are not separated by tags. I have no reference TM selected, the search percentage value is set to 50% and I reorganized the TM before trying this search...

Can anybody figure out what is happening?
I'm really puzzled and a bit worried, as you all know concordance searches are vital to find a term you have already translated...

Thanks a lot for your help
Fulvio Giglio
Collapse

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
ApSIC Xbench Apr 21, 2008

Hi Fulvio,

I too got fed up with that and, although I can't tell you how to fix this problem, I can say that when looking for a solution I came across Xbench and now use it for all of my concordance searches - you can upload all of your TMs too so are able to search in more than one at the same time. I imagine the problem with Trados concordance probably has something to do with unicode again, but am not sure...

Try it, if you don't already know it - it's great, and it'
... See more
Hi Fulvio,

I too got fed up with that and, although I can't tell you how to fix this problem, I can say that when looking for a solution I came across Xbench and now use it for all of my concordance searches - you can upload all of your TMs too so are able to search in more than one at the same time. I imagine the problem with Trados concordance probably has something to do with unicode again, but am not sure...

Try it, if you don't already know it - it's great, and it's free!

K
Collapse

Fulvio Giglio
Fulvio Giglio
Italy
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 21, 2008

Hi Katherine,
thanks for your reply.

In the meantime, I found out that if I uncheck the "show most recent translation units first" option and set 99 as "Maximum number of hits", in the Translation memory options "Concordance" tab, the problem is solved, alhough I find somehow difficult to grasp the logic behind this...

Thanks a lot also for your recommendation, I just downloaded it and I'll check it out as soon as I can.

All the best!
Fulvio

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Perphaps you need to reorganize the TM Apr 22, 2008

It has happened to me a couple of times. In my case, I noticed that the TM needed to be reorganized, and I did it. After that, the concordance feature worked again.

Kind regards

Clarisa

Fulvio Giglio
Fulvio Giglio
Italy
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 22, 2008

Thanks Clarisa,
but I had just reorganized the TM.

I guess Trados is not that good, after all... I have tried DejaVuX and it's simply a lot better... It's a pity that most agencies work with Trados!

Kind regards
Fulvio Giglio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007: Concordance problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »