Mobile menu

Latest Trados Updates
Thread poster: BCTRANS

BCTRANS  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2008

I needed some feedback from those who might know... I should update my Trados 7 version for various reasons (new PC with Vista-which I'm VERY slowly getting used to! and also because it's about time I updated...) but before I do so I was wondering if now is the right time.
I always tend to upgrade / buy new hardware literally just seconds before a new version comes out!
So, any comments or opinions would be very welcome.
THANKS in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Update when necessary Apr 22, 2008

I never update as soon as there is a new update. I usually skip at least one version, and then wait some time until the necessary bugfixes have been published.
My rule of thumb is: software works as long as it works, up until the moment that I start losing business because of incompatibilities. There's soooo much more interesting, useful and fun things to do with the money involved in all those rather useless updates...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latest Trados Updates

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs