Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor 8.0 Help
Thread poster: Heidi Lind

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:36
English to German
+ ...
Apr 24, 2008

I upgraded Trados Wormbench/TagEditor 8.0. Unfortunately it was not compatible with the new Word version so I had to install Word 2003 for which I cannot find the proofing tools (German) anywhere. I am trying to use the installed spell check Wintertree with TagEditor and have created and specified a custom dictionary in plain text format. However, the words do not get added when I click add (which is annoying because it keeps bringing up the same words). Does anyone know a solution to that?

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra de Pablo  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
German to Spanish
+ ...
Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor - Add words to custom dictionary Nov 7, 2013

Looking at the date of your post, this probably comes too late for you, but I'm posting it because I arrived here looking for a solution to the same problem, and maybe it can help others.

It seems that before adding a new word to your custom dictionary, you have to set up a custom dictionary. The one that appears by default in the window Custom dictionaries didn't work for me.
So I created a txt file and added it to the custom dictionaries list (In the spellschecker suggestion window: "Options..." > Tab "Custom Dictionaries" > Button "Add...", and once your file appears on the list, "Set as default"). It did work for me.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wintertree Spellcheck TagEditor 8.0 Help

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs