Thread poster: La Classe
La Classe
La Classe  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:57
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2008

Hi!

I have some concern with the linking of the MultiTerm with Trados, version SDL Trados 2006. I am following the following steps to link the MultiTerm with Trados:

Option---> Term Recognization Options ---> Termbase ---> MultiTerm ix ---> Browse.

I am really unable to open the multiterm.

Should I re-install the MultiTerm once again? It may be possible that I couldn't install the MultiTerm properly.

One more quick question, can
... See more
Hi!

I have some concern with the linking of the MultiTerm with Trados, version SDL Trados 2006. I am following the following steps to link the MultiTerm with Trados:

Option---> Term Recognization Options ---> Termbase ---> MultiTerm ix ---> Browse.

Should I re-install the MultiTerm once again? It may be possible that I couldn't install the MultiTerm properly.

One more quick question, can we link more than one glossaries/termbases at the same time? If yes could you explain in detail.

Thanks in advance.

Manohar Roshan
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:27
French to Polish
+ ...
You say "MultiTerm iX"? Apr 25, 2008

Manohar Roshan wrote:

You say MultiTerm iX?
SDLT 2006 is provided with MT 7.
So maybe it's some compatibility issue.
You should upgrade to MT7 (go to your SDL account, download it and read CAREFULLY the readme in order to import the termbases, then start the installation).

It's possible.
The Workbench - Multiterm integration is a shame.
The standard support mantra is "reinstall and reregister the components", generally it works, but sometimes the problem can't be solved without a heavy debugging or can't be solved at all.
The Multiterm architecture is too complex (Java, .Net, Access MDB...), there is a lot of vulnerable points.

One more quick question, can we link more than one glossaries/termbases at the same time?

In MT7, yes.
In MTiX, no.

If yes could you explain in detail.

Just click another time the green +

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2008-04-25 10:16]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:27
English
Some extra help... Apr 25, 2008

Hello Manohar,

Grzegorz is correct; you will need to update your version of Multiterm. However, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version, Multiterm 2007 (including service pack 1), which can be download (free of charge) from your online SDL account.

As Grzegorz informed you, please read the documentation to import your old termbases.

After updating, you will need to register your new version of Multiterm 2007 to Windows, it's a necessity. To do th
... See more
Hello Manohar,

Grzegorz is correct; you will need to update your version of Multiterm. However, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version, Multiterm 2007 (including service pack 1), which can be download (free of charge) from your online SDL account.

As Grzegorz informed you, please read the documentation to import your old termbases.

After updating, you will need to register your new version of Multiterm 2007 to Windows, it's a necessity. To do this simply follow these instructions:

Go to C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 and run the #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat file.

You now need to configure Translators Workbench:

Go to Translators Workbench -> Term Recognition Options -> Termbase options and please choose "Multiterm 7" as the Multiterm version. Please select the termbase(s) you wish to lookup and then make sure your source and target languages are set.

Please note: If you selected more than one termbase to lookup, Multiterm will search the default termbase first.

Also, please make sure that "Term Recognition" is ticked under the Translators Workbench -> Options menu.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

[Edited at 2008-04-25 13:04]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm in Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »