Thread poster: Paula McGowan
Paula McGowan
Paula McGowan  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 13:41
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2008

I am using SDL TagEditor version 8.0 (build 835). I have a Word document containing tables and hyperlinks that I converted into ttx format using Synergy and translated in TagEditor. When I try to save target or preview the EN version (even before I start translating), I get the error 'Error while converting fields to Word Document'. I checked there were no section, page or column breaks not followed by a paragraph mark, in case that was the issue, but it still does not work. Can anyone help?... See more
I am using SDL TagEditor version 8.0 (build 835). I have a Word document containing tables and hyperlinks that I converted into ttx format using Synergy and translated in TagEditor. When I try to save target or preview the EN version (even before I start translating), I get the error 'Error while converting fields to Word Document'. I checked there were no section, page or column breaks not followed by a paragraph mark, in case that was the issue, but it still does not work. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance.Collapse

MariposaTecknic
MariposaTecknic
Local time: 07:41
English to German
Check tags with Generic TagVerifier Aug 22, 2008

Hi Tricolor,

this error usually occurs when a field was deleted during translation that was present in the source. You should run the generic TagVerifier in TagEditor and ensure that all fields were copied from the source into the target. After doing so, you should be able to save the target without problems.

Kind regards,
MariposaTecknic

Paula McGowan
Paula McGowan  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 13:41
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 22, 2008

Thanks, MariposaTecknic. I found a workaround in the end, but thank you for your suggestion (in case it happens again!).

Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What if I *need* to delete the tags in the target segment? Aug 14, 2012

Hello, I am having this problem also: I can't save the target file because I have willingly deleted some tags that I don't need in the target: slash tags that split German words, but in the Spanish text the words are separate and do not need the slash.

Can I somehow save the target file despite the missing tags?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-08-14 08:28 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Simply Aug 14, 2012

put your target text outside of the tags, and leave the "empty" tags in place.

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while converting fields to Word Document

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »