Mobile menu

Error with TagEditor 8 pdf to xml conversion
Thread poster: Heidi Lind

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
English to German
+ ...
Apr 28, 2008

I converted a pdf file from Adobe 8 to .xml. TagEditor 8 returns the following error when I try to open it:

(35017) Error: Expected entity name for reference

Does anyone know what to do?



[Edited at 2008-04-28 13:36]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
PDF-converted files will not work properly IMHO Apr 28, 2008

Where did you got the ini-settings for this xml file from?
The message you quote points AFAIK to an error in the ini file.

Regards
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Created a new .ini settings file Apr 28, 2008

... after I received this error message the first time using the default settings I created a new .ini file using the Tagged Acrobat settings. But I received the same message.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You created an ini file from the xml? Apr 28, 2008

Than it should work, if the xml file does follow the xml standards, what I really doubt in this case.
Converting PDF to any editable format is not a "self goer", so I would use other methods for creating an editable file. Exctract the text (as plain text only) from Acrobat PDF by any means (OCR or anything else you can think of). Most important is that you'll get the whole text in your file. After that simply reformat it so, that it will match your needs, using Word.

I do not have any experience with saving PDF as xml, though.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I did Apr 28, 2008

I used the suggested settings and imported tags from the Adobe file.... I think. It was the first time I've done that so I'm not quite sure if I did it the right way.
But by now I've just saved the files as .rtf and am working in them using Word.

[Edited at 2008-04-28 15:13]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is an error in your ini file Apr 28, 2008

as one entity is not recognised properly.
Sorry, but I don't know how to fix that.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks the the effort Apr 28, 2008



Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error with TagEditor 8 pdf to xml conversion

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs