Mobile menu

Trados 7 - error 80005: failed to create parser for plugin file format!
Thread poster: Monia Fanciulletti
Monia Fanciulletti  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:03
Turkish to Italian
+ ...
May 1, 2008

Hi everyboby,

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista, and am now experiencing problems with Tag Editor. In particolar, it cannot open neither ppt nor xls files, although it is able to open .doc files.
I am using Trados 7 with MS Office 2003. Evrytime I try to open a ppt or xls file I receive the following message:

80005: failed to create parser for plugin file format!

I think the problem might be due to Vista as I never had any problem while using XP.
I really hope you can help me fix this, as in these days I am working a lot with this kind of files!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:03
English to Czech
+ ...
MS Office versions May 4, 2008

Hi Monia,
this message usually occurs if you are trying to open Office 2007 files. If this is the case, try to open them in Office, re-save as 2003 and open in TagEditor.
Another reason may be that you are using Trados 7 under Vista; please note that Trados 7 is not officially supported to run under Vista, so maybe you'll have to update to Trados 2007 (build 8xx).
Also, please make sure you have the latest Java and .NET versions. Obsolete versions of these runtime environments may be causing your problems too.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - error 80005: failed to create parser for plugin file format!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs