Mobile menu

Macro Activation
Thread poster: jmleger

jmleger  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:34
English to French
+ ...
May 3, 2008

I just reinstalled Trados 7, but I can't get it to work because of a macro activation problem. I have no idea what I am supposed to do in order to activate said macros. Any help would be welcome. It's probably very stupid, but there you have it: I am not that bright.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Pretty simple in Word May 4, 2008

you can either work in TagEditor, but if you want to work in Word, follow these steps:

1) Launch MS Word
2) Go to Tools > Options > Security Tab
3) Press the "Macros security" button in the bottom-right corner of the tab
4) Set macros security to "Middle" or "Low" (click the respective radio button)
5) Click the "Trusted macros" tab and check both of the checkfields at the bottom
6) Confirm all changes by pressing OK.

Please note that I have a Czech version of MS Word, so some of the button names may be slightly different.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Macro Activation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs