Mobile menu

"(80001): Translator's Workbench Error: The server threw an exception"
Thread poster: MariusV

MariusV  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
May 8, 2008

I have a problem with TagEditor. I opened a usual MS Excel file (table) to translate using TagEditor. All goes fine, but for some segments I have a problem - when I press "Set/Close next Open/Get", TagEditor does not move to the next segment and throws out an error:

The problem is that:

1) I can only close the segment using "Close" button (i.e. cannot even close with "Set/Close"

2) Translation of such segments are not saved into the TM (there are many full repetitions and each time I have this segment with full repetitions, I have to insert the translation again manually.

Any idea what this problem is all about (and its reasins) and any possible solutions for that?

P.S. Even tried to export this Excel into MS Word (made a MS Word source file with a table), but it is even worse - at those segments Trados and MS Word "hooks up" and I cannot do anything with the open segment (cannot even close it)

Direct link Reply with quote
Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:27
English to Dutch
+ ...
Forum search May 9, 2008

Hi Marius,

perhaps a forum search would be useful, the problem sounds familiar somehow....
Here's one thread already:

Good luck!

Local time: 14:27
Version problem? May 15, 2008

Hi there

We recently encountered this problem in v8.2, and tried the Reorganise TM option suggested in the link, which didn't solve the problem. However, switching to v6.5 solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs