Mobile menu

Unwanted spaces when using Trados
Thread poster: Niels Stephan
Niels Stephan  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:25
Member (2009)
English to German
May 9, 2008

Well, this might not be a Trados problem, but I encounter it in Trados.
I type my translation into the field, I'm not happy with it, I edit, delete, replace ... and in like 50% of all segments end up with one ore more excess spaces at the end of the segment, _which I do not see_. When I clean up my document, I have random spaces between sentences all over the document and have to run a 'replace double space with single space' search over the whole document. It is manageable, but annoying.

Am I the only one who experiences this? Did anyone find a solution for that? (And no, displaying those weird signs for soaces in word might look like a solution, but it is just a whole differtent level of being annoying.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-09 19:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:25
Member (2008)
French to English
I do experience this May 9, 2008

I don't know if it is me or Wordfast, but I definitely see more of this when I translate with CAT than without. I just keep my grammar check enabled, it catches this stuff as I spell check. I know a lot of people disable grammar check, since it gets funny ideas sometimes, but it is good for this sort of thing. It also catches those times I do a global replace of an initial vowel word with an initial consonant word and forget to change an to a, or vice-versa. You can always ignore its dumber suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unwanted spaces when using Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs