Mobile menu

How to open exclusion file in Multiterm
Thread poster: Lutz Molderings
Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:46
German to English
+ ...
May 11, 2008

I have imported a bilingual glossary to Multiterm and at the end of the import process Multiterm reported that some words could not be processed.
I created an exclusion file, but cannot open the .xcl file format.

I have tried renaming the file into a .txt file, but this is all it tells me:

?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-16' ? LogFile LogFile

This is all I can find in Multiterm documentation:

"Your termbase now contains data from the import file, imported according to the parameters
outlined in the import definition. Refer to the exclusion file to check for any invalid entries that did
not comply with the termbase definition. Refer to the output file if, on either of the Advanced
Options pages, you selected to omit certain entries and have them written to the output file. Refer to the import log file for a detailed report of how each entry was treated during import."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open exclusion file in Multiterm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs