How to open exclusion file in Multiterm
Thread poster: EHI (X)
EHI (X)
EHI (X)
Local time: 12:04
May 11, 2008

I have imported a bilingual glossary to Multiterm and at the end of the import process Multiterm reported that some words could not be processed.
I created an exclusion file, but cannot open the .xcl file format.

I have tried renaming the file into a .txt file, but this is all it tells me:

?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-16' ? LogFile LogFile

This is all I can find in Multiterm documentation:

"Your termbase now contains data from
... See more
I have imported a bilingual glossary to Multiterm and at the end of the import process Multiterm reported that some words could not be processed.
I created an exclusion file, but cannot open the .xcl file format.

I have tried renaming the file into a .txt file, but this is all it tells me:

?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-16' ? LogFile LogFile

This is all I can find in Multiterm documentation:

"Your termbase now contains data from the import file, imported according to the parameters
outlined in the import definition. Refer to the exclusion file to check for any invalid entries that did
not comply with the termbase definition. Refer to the output file if, on either of the Advanced
Options pages, you selected to omit certain entries and have them written to the output file. Refer to the import log file for a detailed report of how each entry was treated during import."

Any help would be much appreciated.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open exclusion file in Multiterm

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »