matiz
matiz
Spain
Local time: 22:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2008

Dear colleagues:

I am using SDL Trados TagEditor (0.8) and SDL Trados Glue (from the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance package) to prepare some XML files for my translators. I have created an INI file based on the DTDs my client had given me, but, no matter how hard I try, some tags still display as plain text.

Some of those could be specific to this document (there's one called "label" and inside it has a "value" attribute that would be the translatable text) but others are S
... See more
Dear colleagues:

I am using SDL Trados TagEditor (0.8) and SDL Trados Glue (from the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance package) to prepare some XML files for my translators. I have created an INI file based on the DTDs my client had given me, but, no matter how hard I try, some tags still display as plain text.

Some of those could be specific to this document (there's one called "label" and inside it has a "value" attribute that would be the translatable text) but others are SPAN and A (the hyperlink tag). These should be easy! But alas, it doesn't work. I have already tried:
- Importing the HTML4 settings into the INI file.
- Manually adding the tag to the Elements list and defining the translatable attributes.

What else could I try to do? Thank you very much for your help.
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Snippet Markup Plugin May 13, 2008

Those tags are probably in CDATA sections.

This has been discussed before (see here).

HTH,
Benjamin

matiz
matiz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 13, 2008

Thank you, Benjamin!

I could not find those threads. I'm going to try with the Snippet Mark-up Plugin and see what happens.

matiz
matiz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It did work May 26, 2008

Thanks again, it did work, and very well by the way...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML files with TagEditor: does not include some tags as such

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »