TagEditor 2007 and Word Proofing Tools
Thread poster: Heidi Lind

Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:20
English to German
+ ...
May 12, 2008

I have TagEditor and Workbench 2007 installed and had to reinstall Word 2003 because I could not get Workbench to work with 2007. I had, however, no longer the old 2003 proofing tools so I purchased and installed the 2007 proofing tools to use with TagEditor (confusing, I know). TagEditor, however, cannot find the proofing tools installed and thus will not spell check my document. Is there a solution? Wintertree does not work, either, because it will not add any words to my custom dictionary.

Direct link Reply with quote

María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reload the plug-ins: Mar 3, 2009

In Tag Editor, go to Tools>Plug-ins>Spelling Checkers>check Winter Tree Spelling Checker>OK.

Then go back to Tools>Plug-ins>Spelling Checkers>check Word Spelling Checker this time>OK. What
you are basically doing is to re-load the plug-ins.

My answer comes late for you but can be useful for someone else.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 and Word Proofing Tools

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs